Pre-wedding Parties

Bachelorette Party Help?!

My bridal party is kind of small (just my two younger sisters, 18 and 13) and one of my friends (19). (FYI, I am 19, almost 20 as well). My friend has been in and out of the hospital the last few years with a lot of health concerns. And my sisters aren't exactly "crazy". I want to have something crazy for my bachelorette party, but I know I'm not supposed to plan it myself. Any idea of how to get the party I want? Or any suggestions of what to do?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bachelorette Party Help?!

• azmama20azmama20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Some more background info . . . 

I did have 4 bridesmaids the fourth was a good friend from my current job as well as my last job. She and her hubby bailed on my groom ("C") and I ("R"), due to monatary issues. Even though they hadreassured us multiple tiimes they would have money to do it and she told me she had bought her dress when she hadn't. Which is a seperate issue, but she was the one I was banking on to come up with something crazy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Unless someone offers to throw you a bachelorette party and asks for your input, you probably won't get the party you want.

I'm sure you're looking for more advice than that but you can't throw your own party and you can't ask anyone to host one for you. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto pp a bachelorette party is a gift thrown in your honor. If no one offers to throw it, then you simply don't have one. Not everyone has a bachelor or bachelorette party and they're still just as married as those who do have them.

As far as it being crazy.. how can it be crazy if you're not even 21 yet? You haven't even had a chance to be crazy with your friends and live it up in college yet. Man I miss college sometimes.. those were some of my most memorable experiences.
  • utegogglesutegoggles member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't throw your own, like PP said. If one isn't offers then you don't have one.

What about a spa day? Even a home spa day?
  • edited December 2011
    You can't throw your own b-party. You can get your friends together for a girls' night out, but it should not be wedding-related or a party in your honor, just a good time with friends. You can still have your crazy time and it NOT be a b-party.

Perhaps it was weird wording on your part, but I find it strange that you mention you have a friend in and out of the hospital with some serious health issues, yet you are most concerned that this means you don't get a b-party. I would personally be more concerned about my friend with the health problems.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • jmitcheljmitchel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_bachelorette-party-23?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:32Discussion:f9149d8e-138f-48c8-b1f0-e44c0fa30f7fPost:e12ecc43-5224-41a0-8a9f-fc890c8afade">Re: Bachelorette Party Help?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ditto pp a bachelorette party is a gift thrown in your honor. If no one offers to throw it, then you simply don't have one. Not everyone has a bachelor or bachelorette party and they're still just as married as those who do have them. <strong>As far as it being crazy.. how can it be crazy if you're not even 21 yet? You haven't even had a chance to be crazy with your friends and live it up in college yet. Man I miss college sometimes.. those were some of my most memorable experiences.
    </strong>Posted by SuMmErKuTiE[/QUOTE]

Me too! college was so fun!

But I agree, it can't be that crazy when you can't legally drink anywhere in public unless you just wanna go to an 18 and under club and dance and have a good time. Agree with PP - I would more concerned about your friend's health problems than whether or not your b-party will be fun enough to suit you. Anytime I'm with my friends is fun - that's why I love them - so I'm sure anything they do for you will be memorable in it's own way.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards