Pre-wedding Parties

Bridal shower favors?

Is it common and/or good etiquette to hand out favors to people who attend the bridal shower? I was talking about the shower to my MOH, who offered to arrange one for me. We discussed possibly giving out favors, maybe some small baskets of Bath & Body Works stuff, something along those lines. I was thinking of buying this myself. It can be economical if I buy at their outlet stores and thought it would be a nice gesture. What have other people done or are doing in regards to favors?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Bridal shower favors?

• loop0406loop0406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think favors should be given at any party/event.

My MOH gave mini boxes of blue/white m&m's and a candle in blue box (theme was something blue)

I think the mini travel sized bath & body works items in organza bags or mini baskets is a good idea !
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Every bridal shower I've been to has favors.. are they necessary.. no.. but they are usually there as a small thank you to the guests for coming.

At my shower in May, the favors were tea cups with roses in them and a take home cupcake that was at the base of the shower cake.

The following month I attended a friend's shower that was also a tea party, and the favors were tea cups and saucers.

The following month after that, I attended a shower where the favors were wedding cake shaped cookies and painted wine glasses.

Then, I attended a shower this past weekend where the favors were small candles.

Favors can be very small, and aren't necessary, but they're a nice touch and usually appreciated. I think the Bath & Body Works products are a great idea, but if it's not in your budget don't empty your wallet trying to do so.
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with retread that favors aren't necessary.  I will say though, that I do see favors at most showers I attend.

At DIL's shower, a nylon shower scrubbie and a decorative soap were in a favor box with a tag that said "From "Frieda's" shower to yours."

At DD's shower, her FMIL got heart shaped cookie cutters and attached a recipe for sugar cookies to each one.

My younger DD hosted a shower about 2 weeks ago, and the favors were, I think a wooden spoon and whisk.  (It was a kitchen shower)

"Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • edited December 2011
    I've never seen favors given to every single person who attends the shower, only small gifts for the winners of any games that are played.  I'm really on the fence about doing this, I don't hate the idea, but I don't know if I would do it myself or not.
    Vicki & Ali - 3/5/11 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_bridal-shower-favors-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:fe49c084-1038-41bc-af27-6bc5e54d3e6ePost:fde2fc08-6777-4907-baf0-7ffe57ae54fb">Re: Bridal shower favors?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've never seen favors given to every single person who attends the shower, only small gifts for the winners of any games that are played.  I'm really on the fence about doing this, I don't hate the idea, but I don't know if I would do it myself or not.
    Posted by vickiloew[/QUOTE]

This. I've never seen them at a shower. My aunts are throwing one of mine and FI's aunt is hosting the other. I am leaving all the plans up to them. If they want to get favors, great, but I doubt it since it's not something that is done in my circle. However, I don't think it's a bad idea. If you want to and can get something nice and small without breaking the bank, I say go for it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • lisalou402lisalou402 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We always do favors in our cirlce.  For my MOH's bridal shower last year, I did organza bags filled with her favorite starbucks coffee beans, and then a little small bottle of starbucks coffee liquer.  I bought craft bags and put everything in there and made a little drawing of a flower on each bag.

Simple and cheap and fun.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards