Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

AW Thursday

I would like to hear everyone else's good news.

I do have a bit of my own.  Bill's mother's family lives in the Houston area.  One of the cousins is having a baby and I got invited to the baby shower.  I am really touched that they thought to invite me and, even if it causes resentment (or whatever else) with my MIL, I'm going. 

Re: AW Thursday

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm the Spotlight Knottie of the week.  :)
  • pphqt10pphqt10 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Congrats Stephie! I have 50 days til the wedding!! Almost everything is done and I have xanax to drug my mother's drink... all is good! Oh and my first shower is Saturday!
  • edited December 2011
    Way to not let her get you down Juile!
    Kudos Stephie :)
    Have fun at your shower this weekend.  Your wedding is SO close...eee!
  • Jay+MarissaJay+Marissa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great Julie--you need some good news!

1. I'm officially moving back to Dallas for good in May. I accepted my job offer on Monday.

2. It's icing right now and I'm mad OU didn't end class until noon. Argh.

3. I'm supposed to go to dinner/basketball game tomorrow with a company that gave me a scholarship. I was just going to say "screw it" due to the weather, but they told us we are going to Mickey Mantle's Steakhouse--one of the best restaurants in OKC. I'll risk my life for a good steak.
  • edited December 2011
    I've been horribly lazy and not eating well/that much for a couple of weeks now but this week, I have walked one evening and today I am eating a salad for lunch.  Not much but it's something.  And I have not killed anyone so far.
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations Stephie!! Your wedding was absolutely beautiful so you def. deserve it!!

Julie- You should (if you can make it) go to the baby shower! Even with the MIL thing. Babies are worth celebrating for!
  • juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Marissa,
    Bill and I went to Mickey Mantle's once when we went to the OKC art museum.  It is amazing if you haven't ever been before. 

I love his mother's family--they are great people and I think that it's sad that Bill's parents don't really want to have anything to do with them.  They visit once a year or so but that's about it.
  • btweety04btweety04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well after feeling crappy for my job search last night I get a call this morning from one of the places I applied to last night. I already have an interview setup for Tuesday. Yay! I hope it is a decent place cause I'm not really used to dealing with a scientific staffing company.
  • edited December 2011
    btweety04- What type of job are you looking for?
  • btweety04btweety04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Something in the scientific community along the lines of a chemical lab or microbiology lab.
  • BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Tonight I'm having dinner with one of my sister's friends who is in town for a conference or something. I don't really get to do any socializing here, plus she's moving to CA before I get back to Dallas, so I'm excited!

• amberproamberpro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Steph- that is very cool!
    Congrats on everyone's AW's. 

My custom grooms cake topper is in the mail!  I'll prob AW it again next week with a pic when I get it (the pics she sent me are too big and TK won't accept it).

FI got a layoff notice on Tuesday and he ALREADY had a 3rd interview for a company that has better benefits, a shorter commute time, and a better salary!  We have our fingers crossed.

It's FI's bday and (as soon as this blasted boring as heck tech clas id over) we are going to eat yummy steak and drink yummy wine! 

My emotionally draining week is picking up.  :)
    photo images_zps41edd072.jpg

Carter born 5/28/11
    BFP 9/27/12 EDD 6/11/13, MC 9wks, no HB

• edited December 2011
    Stephie - Congrats! That's awesome!

My news:
    ~ I finalized everything with my venue, catererer, photographer, and florist this week!
    ~ My wedding is two weeks from tomorrow and I'm not pulling out hair yet.
    ~ I have been wheeling and dealing this week and may be buying a new car this weekend!
    ~ Life is good!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards