Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Re: B&M Monday

• edited December 2011
    I'm not looking forward to driving in this nasty weather we are supposed to get tomorrow morning. I'm hoping they close campus....Because I have a lot of bridges to drive over among my commute. :-/ I'm from Texas, I'm never prepared to drive on ice. Just face it, notherners.
  • msealemseale member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    1. I'm not ready to go to work.  It is my last 2 days, and I wrapped up everything before I left. After a week vacation in paradise, I really don't want to go in to sit at my desk and surf the net.  (Y'all better have a lot to say today!)

2. I'm not looking forward to the cold, nasty weather.  I have a lot of errands to do the end of this week to prepare for starting my new job on Monday!

3. I'm over the superbowl being in Dallas.  Be over already.
    Our last sunset in Hawaii...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Michelle & Michael
    Married - August '10
    TTC - Since September 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Last night between 11 and midnight, DH gets a text from BIL to call him.  DH calls him right that second except BIL can't talk right now so he'll have to call him back.  This is a general pet peeve of mine- don't text me to call you so we can talk, only to call you and you be unavailable to do so.  Oh yeah, why was he calling?  Grandmother-In-Law had been admitted to the hospital that morning and they discovered that only half of her heart is working and don't know how much longer she has.  Thank you MIL for letting us know.  BIL was under the impression that we had been told, except not.  We never really went back to sleep.

• edited December 2011
    Um, it's Monday. The end.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
    "The things I've done, the places I've been, just don't compare to the love I'm in, it beats all I've ever seen."
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-58?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:7ff05512-cb3d-4153-8ae4-0ea13f6c5114Post:9531fe88-1d9e-4867-a964-a7e82f124968">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Um, it's Monday. The end.
    Posted by brooke.anne[/QUOTE]

And it's going to snow and freeze and stuff... and the Super Bowl is annoying.

NOW - The end.
  • edited December 2011
    Please add Charlie Sheen to the list of things I'm tired of hearing about.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-58?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:7ff05512-cb3d-4153-8ae4-0ea13f6c5114Post:4df77e08-7f45-4fd3-83e1-3b318556953c">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Last night between 11 and midnight, DH gets a text from BIL to call him.  DH calls him right that second except BIL can't talk right now so he'll have to call him back.   This is a general pet peeve of mine- don't text me to call you so we can talk, only to call you and you be unavailable to do so.   Oh yeah, why was he calling?  Grandmother-In-Law had been admitted to the hospital that morning and they discovered that only half of her heart is working and don't know how much longer she has.  Thank you MIL for letting us know.  BIL was under the impression that we had been told, except not.  We never really went back to sleep.
    Posted by shortgirltx[/QUOTE]

Yikes, that's both annoying and scary. I hope she's ok. But it's annoying MIL didn't tell you.
  • juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Shortgirl,
    Are you kidding?  Your MIL....<eye roll />

We got our new TV installed/mounted/whatever on Saturday and it looks so awesome.  However, we've had one major, epic fail (to quote my students):  the Wii cannot connect to it without a $50 part and it's generally not widely available.  I bought that stupid TV to see what the Wii looked like on it.  Ugh.

I got up at 4AM and couldn't really get back to sleep.  Sometimes, I can take my shower and then go back to sleep for a little bit.  Nope, not this morning. 

My kids are already starting to act crazy due to the impending weather. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-58?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:7ff05512-cb3d-4153-8ae4-0ea13f6c5114Post:c270856f-5e4d-4fdd-87e2-2437e25adcb2">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: B&M Monday : And it's going to snow and freeze and stuff... and the Super Bowl is annoying. NOW - The end.
    Posted by bsn1752[/QUOTE]

...AND you ladies just wait until the 20k + cars sitting outside my window go on rent this week.  All the car rental co's are either sold out or very close to it.  20k MORE cars on the highways?   Ugh..

NOW - the end. 
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    edited December 2011
    After this thread, I'm just going to stay in bed the rest of the week.
  • msealemseale member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-58?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:7ff05512-cb3d-4153-8ae4-0ea13f6c5114Post:0c58b28b-20f1-419c-9111-75c805e26253">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]After this thread, I'm just going to stay in bed the rest of the week.
    Posted by bsn1752[/QUOTE]

<div>THIS!!!</div>
    Our last sunset in Hawaii...
    Michelle & Michael
    Married - August '10
    TTC - Since September 2011
  • edited December 2011
    I have another one that could be a potential B&M. The past week DH has been working late on a big project at work. A lot of times he doesn't get home until close to 7. Today is his birthday, and I'm surprising him by taking him to one of his favorite places and having our best friends(another couple) meet us there and be seated at the table when we get there. I made reservations for 6:30 not thinking about him working late recently. I told him last night I have a surprise for him and it's important he gets home on time. I'm worried he won't, and our friends will be waiting on us. They're driving 30-40 minutes to meet us for his birthday, too. So I will be frustrated/ bummed if this doesn't work out. And he doesn't suspect a thing so I know he will be surprised. Girls please send positive vibes for me that it works out!!
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    edited December 2011
    FI's mom invited us to her house for a Super Bowl party...

We live in Grapevine. She lives in Grand Prairie. 

You literally drive right past the stadium.

*facepalm*

Thanks, but we'll pass.
  • edited December 2011
    Natalie - Good Vibes your way!  Maybe he will make sure and get off on time since its his birthday!
  • lesalyriclesalyric member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I join in on the collective B&M trifecta of Monday, cold, Superbowl.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • MLandCJMLandCJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Everything was thrown off last week for me. My grandmother was rushed to the hospital because they thought she had another stroke. It turns out she just had a really bad infection. She is now in rehab and is miserable :(

Seriously people who steal from the elderly really aggrivate me. My grandmother's brand new beautiful perfume was stolen from her room at the nursing home after Christmas. We thought she migh have miss placed it. My mom went to and checked to see if anything else was gone and now diamond earrings and my grandfather's U.S. Navy sweetheart chart are no where to be found. They were hidden in a drawer.  My mom said it looked like someone ransacked it. This is a REALLY nice nursing home too! There is a waiting list of three years to get it. I just don't get it. You live and you learn.

Yesterday for our engagement shoot I was hemming my pants early in the morning. I hemmed the same pant leg TWICE! Apparently Old Navy sews as crappily as I do because I assummed it was the pant leg I had just hemmed. So I ended up with one pant leg super short and one extra long. I had an extra pair of pants but they weren't the same color. In the end I think they looked better though.

FI bought cupcakes from Starbucks for our engagement photos. while I was changing I flipped them over...FAIL :( We still used them though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-58?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:7ff05512-cb3d-4153-8ae4-0ea13f6c5114Post:484360a3-1239-425e-9838-bdb2d9c5644c">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: B&M Monday:   We took her off the wedding guest list.  It was exhilarating.
    Posted by mrsamandamiller[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, I kind of love you!!  This is exactly the kind of passive aggressive thing I would do.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-58?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:7ff05512-cb3d-4153-8ae4-0ea13f6c5114Post:3ae6cfe2-4939-4c61-9803-9dfd89901a5e">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Natalie - Good Vibes your way!  Maybe he will make sure and get off on time since its his birthday!
    Posted by Tiffany618[/QUOTE]

Thanks Tiffany. He said he will try but he can't promise anything because this is a huge project. People have cancelled trips and vacations to be at work. And he's trying to get a promotion so he doesn't feel like if his boss asks him to stay late he can say "sorry, can't. Peace". I understand. Just, Grrrrr.
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-58?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:7ff05512-cb3d-4153-8ae4-0ea13f6c5114Post:484360a3-1239-425e-9838-bdb2d9c5644c">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: B&M Monday : Through the magic of the facebook news feed I learn she's moved from brunch at somewhere to Mi Cocina for <strong>"Mambo Taxis," whatever those are</strong>. Posted by mrsamandamiller[/QUOTE]

They're a little slice of heaven.

But a very dangerous one which would explain her "druuuuuuuuunk" text to you that evening.

Sorry she was being so lame  :(
  • juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-58?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:7ff05512-cb3d-4153-8ae4-0ea13f6c5114Post:bfbb541e-7870-4721-86e3-2932003357d5">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Everything was thrown off last week for me. My grandmother was rushed to the hospital because they thought she had another stroke. It turns out she just had a really bad infection. She is now in rehab and is miserable :( <strong>Seriously people who steal from the elderly really aggrivate me. My grandmother's brand new beautiful perfume was stolen from her room at the nursing home after Christmas. We thought she migh have miss placed it. My mom went to and checked to see if anything else was gone and now diamond earrings and my grandfather's U.S. Navy sweetheart chart are no where to be found. They were hidden in a drawer.  My mom said it looked like someone ransacked it. This is a REALLY nice nursing home too! There is a waiting list of three years to get it. I just don't get it. </strong>You live and you learn. Yesterday for our engagement shoot I was hemming my pants early in the morning. I hemmed the same pant leg TWICE! Apparently Old Navy sews as crappily as I do because I assummed it was the pant leg I had just hemmed. So I ended up with one pant leg super short and one extra long. I had an extra pair of pants but they weren't the same color. In the end I think they looked better though. FI bought cupcakes from Starbucks for our engagement photos. while I was changing I flipped them over...FAIL :( We still used them though.
    Posted by MLandCJ[/QUOTE]

This.  I'm still upset that something that I got my mom went missing at the specialty hospital before she died. 
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    edited December 2011
    Honeymoon registries haunt my dreams.  Ever since I became the mod of Registering and Gifts... I hear about them literally daily... sometimes more... an unsuspecting new knottie comes on and asks about a honeymoon registry. Then, she is attacked by other knotties, generally some sort of drama ensues, and the OP (90% of the time) deletes all of their comments and says they're never coming back to TK.
  • bigbabyfacebigbabyface member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Saturday night FI got in a car wreck, he's fine...just a few bruises. My car however, is most likely totalled. Awesome...... I'm SO happy he's fine, but there's no getting around the fact that I'm annoyed we are a car down and most likely can't afford a new one. :( we'll see how the bricks fall on this one... I guess the silver lining is I get to go to work with him today,(we work for the same law firm just separate locations) but I hate the people at that location.....with a passion. And most likely won't get to TK much today :( Screw Monday's........
  • edited December 2011
    My FI is sick today and had to call into work.  He woke up at 6 this morning and started throwing up.  :-(  He wanted me to stay home and take care of him :-p  Would he stay home for me though? :-/

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    I'm a little late so I'm going backwards, but first! So sorry to hear about the grandmothers. I just found out my grandmother in the same country doesn't feel up to coming to my wedding! I'm blessed she's healthy but dissappointed she won't make the plane trip down.

Natalie, I hope your plans work out well.

I don't want to come to work tomorrow if the weather is miserable, but we never close the hospital!
    I'm sick of the superbowl! I voted No for the stadium and really what is with Troy's message about "showing Texas Hospitality?" No I will not be nice to people who invade my city to party and trash it.
    Last, WR, My FFIL won't let us do the traditional stuff at the reception. So instead of changing half way through I have to change at the beginning so people will actually see the sari we bought which costs more then my wedding dress. This means barely anyone will see the dress. Plus, I have to wake up the next morning to head over to their house to do everything there. Who wants to do that the day after their wedding? Oh well, I like my FILs and I can't argue with wanting to follow tradition.
  • edited December 2011
    I have a Superbowl group in this weekend. They are expecting 400 from what another one of their vendors has told me. They told me they were having 200, only booked enough space to accomodatae maybe 100, and took the food amount I recommended for 200 down to hors d'oevures that can maybe feed 50. I'm irritated, and told their logistics person to call me ASAP to firm up head count and discuss this food they are serving at 7pm on a Saturday night. EESH!
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • edited December 2011
    I'm also on the Super Bowl Bandwagon.  I'm over it.  Traffic already sucks in town so let's add big buses, limos, and people that have no clue where they are going!  Can't wait until next week when they are all gone! 

Also don't want the cold weather tomorrow.  My boss said we will more than likely be open in the morning but they will close early if the roads get bad.  Yeah so I can get to work but I can't get home?  Hopefully if the weather does get bad my company decides it's better to just close all day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-58?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:7ff05512-cb3d-4153-8ae4-0ea13f6c5114Post:9d53246e-2f6d-43e4-a6f5-6b89be4565a4">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]My FI is sick today and had to call into work.  He woke up at 6 this morning and started throwing up.  :-(  He wanted me to stay home and take care of him :-p  Would he stay home for me though? :-/  Posted by sparklingdiamond[/QUOTE]

Which brings me to my other B&M that I forgot.  Men would have it so much easier if they listened to their wives.  DH caught something last Wednesday, didn't go to work Friday and stayed in the same position on the couch for 2 straight days. I asked if he would want to get up for a bit and possibly take a shower and you would have thought I asked him to go run a marathon.  He finally did a few hours later and wouldn't you know he felt a whole lot better. 

I hope your FI gets well soon!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-monday-58?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:7ff05512-cb3d-4153-8ae4-0ea13f6c5114Post:0a786fa7-b00d-4123-919a-d6fd54c2a82a">Re: B&M Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: B&M Monday : Which brings me to my other B&M that I forgot.  Men would have it so much easier if they listened to their wives.  DH caught something last Wednesday, didn't go to work Friday and stayed in the same position on the couch for 2 straight days. I asked if he would want to get up for a bit and possibly take a shower and you would have thought I asked him to go run a marathon.  He finally did a few hours later and wouldn't you know he felt a whole lot better.  I hope your FI gets well soon!
    Posted by shortgirltx[/QUOTE]

Haha men.....they do need to listen!  Thanks, I am hoping its just food poisoning or something so he gets better soon!

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    Wow - busy Monday.  I'm sorry to hear about the grandma's, the losers that steal from the elderly, FI/DH's that never to listen to us and lame friends.

Also, I ditto cold weather (I'm with Natalie - WTH, I live in Texas and no, I don't know how to drive in the snow), super bowl crap and Charlie Sheen needs to get his sh!t together.  You are a grown man and father for PETE'S SAKE!

(Brianna - I apologize for the caps, I felt it was necessary).
  • edited December 2011
    I am late coming which is my B&M apparently my company has the smallest amount of bandwidth so no TK during the day for me except on my breaks and lunches (which I never used to take and now will so the company is losing efficiency).

Wow this is a busy monday I am sorry to hear about all the drama you ladies are experiencing, that sucks. 

Tiffany, your 20k more cars post gave me chills in a horrible way, I am soo not looking forward to this weekend.

I have one more, this weekend we went back to FI parents and its not Fri but I flame myself for feeling sorry for others.  Matts father is putting these two women through sooo much crap its not even funny.  Yes, they are grown women and some of this might have been avoidable but in general it is HORRIBLE.  His mother apologized (very vaguely) and gave me a hug and asked if we can start over.  Its not easy given everything that was said but I am going to forgive and forget, but do this crap again and I am seriously done.  On a postive note, I took some of our engagement prints down and she took around 20 of them so I hope thats a good sign.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards