Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Timeline Question

Hey ladies, quick question. I'm looking over my timeline and my planner and makeup artist plan on starting our hair/makeup at 10 am for our wedding day. Am I crazy for thinking that this is too early? Our ceremony is at 6:30, and the makeup artist is doing 6 girls..for those of you guys that have had airbrush makeup done-will the makeup really hold up all day and night? Our makeup artist is leaving at 3:30, so we won't have any touchups from that point on. I just need some input! Thanks, everyone!

Re: Timeline Question

• 103:30 is a tight schedule with 6 people. So no, you are not starting too early. I got my airbrushed makeup done at 2:00 and it still looked great at midnight.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_timeline-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:82577d5a-f636-4f11-8d59-4260adca6f06Post:41d58a39-6a55-4b40-a885-76b127d75759">Re:Timeline Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]103:30 is a tight schedule with 6 people. So no, you are not starting too early. I got my airbrushed makeup done at 2:00 and it still looked great at midnight.
    Posted by stephiehall[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Phew! Ok, good! I just needed another bride's input, I feel a lot better! Thank you!</div><div>
    </div>
  • Yeah, I agree.  Our makeup artist showed up at 8 to do 5 BMs, MOB, and me for a 2:00 wedding.  I don't think anyone needed touchups all night -- I know I didn't.
    Anniversary

• Yep, I agree with PP's. We started at 9:30 for 3 people and had to be ready by 2, and we weren't. Definitely give your MUA more time than you think she'll need because there can always be hang-ups. I also had airbrush and while I do think I finally started looking a little worn by midnight, it definitely still lasted all day. It's not like you're going to be dancing around getting sweaty before the ceremony, so you'll be fine. :)
    Anniversary
  • I agree with the other ladies--ours showed up at 11 to do 5 hair and makeup applications (only my m/u was airbrushed). I went last for both. We left the hotel at 3:30 for the 5:30 ceremony and my makeup looked fantastic until after midnight--all of this in 103 degree heat.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards