Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Cheap Fort Worth Reception sites??

My fiance and I are trying to find a relatively cheap place to have both the ceremony and reception.  I would prefer if they were in the same place.  We are on a very tight budget and he apparently doesn't want to have it at my grandfather's place (which is free!)  Oh, and we would need to bring our own food to keep costs down, also.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?  I would prefer something indoors- Our date is April 10, 2010.  We don't have much time and I am starting to get frustrated with him...  I have searched and searched all wedding related websites and emailed all sorts of facilities with not much luck. 

We live just west of FW but would be willing to travel a short distance.  Thank you all for your thoughts and ideas!

Re: Cheap Fort Worth Reception sites??

• joeygirl09joeygirl09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would try the YWCA.. It is in Downtown Ft Worth
  • juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto about the YWCA.  They might already be booked though.  Contach Apple for more information if you get in there because she just had her wedding there.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks yall, however the YWCA is way too expensive- $2200.  I guess I am just going to have to keep looking.
  • edited December 2011
    I *think* Stockyards Station was very affordable.   I don't think you can bring your own food, but it was very, very reasonable if I remember correctly.

You could also do a garden wedding at the Botanical Gardens and do a cake and punch type reception maybe to keep costs down but still have a nice place.
  • edited December 2011
    Have you tried Rose Chapel.? You can have a reception there and get married in the court yard or chapel itself if you still need a ceremony location.
  • TCUESW1999TCUESW1999 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

What about Lightcatcher Winery?  I don't think you can bring food but I am not 100% sure.  It is on the west side of FW.  If not, as the PP said, try the Rose Chapel.  

• edited December 2011
    I was just at Rose Chapel for a wedding and was going to recoment it but it might be booked your day- I know a friend of a friend getting married there and I think her date is around April 10 but not sure.
  • tnickel06tnickel06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are also plenty of country clubs. The golf club at fossil creek was $900 for a saturday night when I was looking at them and that was a year ago.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards