Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Photographer -- VENT

13»

Re: Photographer -- VENT

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_photographer-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:86664583-ae88-4ed4-8ca5-2e06bc120e30Post:0a1d4d6a-20ce-430b-a8fa-0870b143da58">Re: Photographer -- VENT</a>:
    [QUOTE]He sent an email to the vendor site's email.  It's like a page long... *facepalm*
    Posted by KendallandAlbert[/QUOTE]

Oy!
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • angelsong21angelsong21 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_photographer-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:86664583-ae88-4ed4-8ca5-2e06bc120e30Post:0a1d4d6a-20ce-430b-a8fa-0870b143da58">Re: Photographer -- VENT</a>:
    [QUOTE]He sent an email to the vendor site's email.  It's like a page long... *facepalm*

the vendor site that you made?
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011

Oh geez! He's making it even worse!
    PS I'm sending you a PM, right...now.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He probably just C&P'd what he posted here...
  • edited December 2011
  • SBSmith0219SBSmith0219 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I miss everything when I am pissed off about my own stuff!!!!!!!!!!!! ugh first off I am ssoo sorry amy that this happened to you! But YAY for getting a far better photographer for your big day! Seriously though, why would he think that doing this (not just what happened to you) but posting on here and sending a long email to the vendor site, make him look anything but unprofessional? It just makes him look childish and that he can't take one bad review. Not everyone in this world is going to like you dude! obviously his soul patch makes him think he is too cool to get rejected!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_photographer-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:86664583-ae88-4ed4-8ca5-2e06bc120e30Post:ffeb7132-5f6b-412c-a372-aa699a435f43">Re: Photographer -- VENT</a>:
    [QUOTE]obviously his soul patch makes him think he is too cool to get rejected!
    Posted by SBSmith0219[/QUOTE]

LOL I like you.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • SBSmith0219SBSmith0219 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thank you  :)  I like you too!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • rhudson6rhudson6 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    First off, I think it's incredible how you ladies continue to call this vendor "unprofessional" and "childish". What do you think you all are doing right now? Literally, you are bullying someone; I hope you realize that's exactly what this is, and it's ridiculous. After reading this post, I can't help but think back to high school. The behavior exhibited by women, whom are supposed to be mature enough to be entering one of the most important phases of adult life - marriage, is absolutely appalling to me; not to mention the remarks made by the moderators! Aren't moderators supposed to be mediating the posts made on this board to avoid something like this (which in "legal mumbo-jumbo" terms would be considered libel, the written form of slander) from happening? Aren't the moderators supposed to be an unbias voice of reason, protecting both parties (in this case, the upset bride and the vendor)? Please correct me if my definition of a moderate is incorrect.
    Yes, vendors depend on word-of-mouth to build their reputation and bring them referrals; but honestly, I don't think it's the vendors' loss if they do not receive referrals from women who are so eager to jump on the band wagon and rip apart a vendor based on a very specific situation that they clearly do not understand.
    Obviously, this vendor cares enough about his reputation and his business on a personal level to address the situation openly, instead of denying it or running from it. Also, just to clarify, the vendor did NOT break any of The Knot's rules by posting in his defense. Under the message board rules, it states: "While we don't allow vendors to post on our message boards, if you are a wedding professional with a question about a post regarding your business; we may, in our sole discretion, post a statement submitted by you, on your behalf. Please email messageboards@theknot.com for more information."
    What does break The Knot's forum rules are the posts written by various message board members involved in this discussion ("The Knot Message Boards are not to be used for posting complaints and defamatory comments about vendors. All defamatory posts are subject to removal at The Knot's sole discretion. We are concerned that you be treated fairly and that other brides are warned of any bad apples in this business.You have the option of contacting the vendor directly...") . This bride obviously contacted the vendor, and the contract situation was resolved in an appropriate manor. She got her deposit back and avoided paying damages. Isn't that what she wanted from the beginning? Plus, she booked another photographer that she had wanted! So, why take your hissy fit to a public message board and wreak havoc on an honest vendor's reputation, after getting exactly what you asked for? From my point of view, the bride was the dishonest party in this case, explaining to the vendor that there had been "personal situations" involving her cancellation, when in reality she was shopping around for other photographers.
    In other words, I can forgive the vendor for addressing the message board, being mature, and defending himself and his reputation in an extremely professional manner; I cannot forgive the childish behavior exhibited by The Knot forum members and moderators that was displayed throughout this discussion.
    To the bride- you got what you wanted, even though you went about it completely inappropriately by trying to break a legal contract in order to continue shopping around for other vendors. You made too hasty of a decision in booking someone and were frustrated when everything didn't go your way and caused extra stress in your life. But, you already know that; you stated it yourself. Congratulations - you booked your $2,000 wedding photographer, got out of your contract, and got your $100 deposit back. You should just be grateful that you got out of the contract scot free.
    As for The Knot, I had heard so many good things about the services and information you offer brides, but this is appalling. How can you allow your moderators to act like this? I understand the need to vent, but this was seriously taken way too far and should have been removed.
    As for me, I will no longer be using The Knot as a reference. I think Evan Godwin's, of Evan Godwin Photography, work is incredible, and his more than reasonable prices do not scare me off one bit. I don't need to pay someone $3,000 to be reassured that someone is professional, has talent, and is good at what he/she does. I trust myself to know good work when I see it, and Evan Godwin's work is some of the best wedding photography work I've seen in Dallas. I plan on meeting with him regarding my June 2012 wedding and deciding for myself what kind of a vendor he is, as opposed to gleaming all of my insights from message board members that support defamation and libel.
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For the record... and to anyone reading...

Vendors are NOT allowed to post on these boards.... no matter how you interpret the rules for yourself, the rule is no.  NO POSTING identifying yourself as a vendor... period.

This is a place for brides to vent and discuss and even brag about our vendors (for instance, McGowan is a highly rated photographer around here, as is Lynn Michelle, or even Perez Photography... you don't see negative about them), and they are allowed to do so, and the other posters are allowed to agree with them - welcome to life.

My job as a moderator is to moderate between the girls on these boards, and to make sure that WE are able to get along without major issues.  The best practice of a moderator is to let the board govern itself, and only step in on extreme situations.  I am actually just a bride, like the rest of these girls.  I am entitled to my opinion on all of the subjects posted on this board as well.

Now, if this thread continues, I will close it.  It's been discussed and it's over now.  The best course of action for the photographer and the bride is to move on, I promise you that it will pass and no one will remember this in a month.  
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_photographer-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:86664583-ae88-4ed4-8ca5-2e06bc120e30Post:4960136a-86d9-43a5-9fdf-4859a1c4ffed">Re: Photographer -- VENT</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dear Bride, I apologize about your misfortune with this photographer. I both understand your side, and his. He will soon be doing my wedding portraits, and you critisism is the first that I've found. It looks like this situation got out of hand, and that there was a lot of stress going on for both of you. On one side - you have a bride who is financially burdened with the wedding details ( and my how I sympathize! Im going through with that right now!), and a college student photographer having to pay for his school and living expenses through his hobby. I can see how for him, he was stressed because he had a client who was unsure of a date and another who was positive that she wanted that date. In my business, I have learned that guests will move fast to find what they need. So if he couldnt give her a quick answer, he would lose her... and possible lose you too! Being left empty handed is no fun! Im sorry about your stressful experience with this photographer and I really hope that the phrase, "things happen for a reason" fits well with your overall results. Im sure you have a job too, and I hope that you are capable of recognizing that sometimes things just happen all wrong and we all get a little crazy :)
    Posted by imbrattybynature[/QUOTE]

This is your first post on a thread that was over a long time ago, you're defending a photographer that already got banned, and we're supposed to believe you're a bride? Riiiiggghhhhtttttt....
  • edited December 2011
    First post on the forums all together.

Detective Brianna?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_photographer-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:86664583-ae88-4ed4-8ca5-2e06bc120e30Post:d0200966-087c-4135-9269-e1a72c7b14fc">Re: Photographer -- VENT</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey! Wait a minute. Dont get made at me or tell me I dont exist. <strong>I am new, because im a new bride!</strong> I was doing research on my wedding venue and photographer when I stumbled upon this page. Geez, I dont even know the people on here and I getting grief, lol. Must be easy to step on some people toes up in here. Here is my facebook: <a href="http://www.facebook.com/mandam0nium" rel='nofollow'>www.facebook.com/mandam0nium</a> And here is one of my engagement pics just taken on the 12th :) Im a real person with real opinions of my own. Take is as you please :P

New bride that your photographer probably told you to come here to defend him. Why would a brand new bride come in on their very first post defending a photographer that hasn't even shot their wedding yet? If that was me, this negative review would make me look over my photographer real close, not jump to his aid.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_photographer-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:86664583-ae88-4ed4-8ca5-2e06bc120e30Post:0f4f4ab2-45f4-4f58-bc46-43550ca336b8">Re: Photographer -- VENT</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Photographer -- VENT : New bride that your photographer probably told you to come here to defend him. Why would a brand new bride come in on their very first post defending a photographer that hasn't even shot their wedding yet? If that was me, this negative review would make me look over my photographer real close, not jump to his aid.
    Posted by TexanTreasure08[/QUOTE]
    So if I came in here ranting about a terrible experience I had with Chelsea McGowan, you wouldn't think twice about defending her and instead would pull out your contract and try to find ways to get away from her?
    Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_photographer-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:86664583-ae88-4ed4-8ca5-2e06bc120e30Post:7864013d-4cd4-4a1f-b29f-6e98322da529">Re: Photographer -- VENT</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Photographer -- VENT : So if I came in here ranting about a terrible experience I had with Chelsea McGowan, you wouldn't think twice about defending her and instead would pull out your contract and try to find ways to get away from her?
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

No I wouldn't cancel my contract, I would just investigate more and make sure whatever the person is upset about wouldn't happen to me like making sure everything is in the contract. But the thing is this situation did happen with me and Chelsea. I called her and told her I wouldn't be able to have my wedding on that date and she didn't flip out and cancel my contract. She worked with me and we figured everything out together.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_photographer-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:86664583-ae88-4ed4-8ca5-2e06bc120e30Post:57d25a0d-617e-4e52-9ebb-42bb0e1f9ed3">Re: Photographer -- VENT</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well Im not in the mood to argue over something I really dont care so much about- so what I write will be the last post on this VENT blog. All I want to say is 1) I wasnt defending anyone. I was sending my apologies, hoping things turned out for the best, and hoping that others learn from your mistake by making sure plans are 100% certain before jumping the gun and signing contracts. 2) Why would Evan Godwin Photography ask me or anyone to defend him? The high praises found all over the internet have got him covered enough so that one negative critisism wont render him worthless. So can you please stop acusing me of not being a human and stop acting like im a droid here to smack down your vent in defense of a photographers reputation? Its not that big of a deal, REALLY. Its just my reaction to your experience. You posted it on the world wide web for all to see and opened yourself up to a world of views and opinions. Time for you to take YOUR "soul patch" off and be a big girl.

WTH are you talking about? Soul patch? I don't even know what that means. I wasn't even the one making the complaint. How about you read the whole thread before trying to attack me.
    To your #2: Because he came on here before trying to attack the OP, so obviously is <strong>was</strong> a big deal to him.
    And I wasn't saying your not a human (that sounds extremely stupid) just that it's reaallllyyy suspicious that a brand new poster comes on defending him after he had just tried to do the same thing and got banned. Unfortunately, vendors aren't allowed to post here so we've had quite a few send their brides in here to defend them when they really don't know what's going on.
    How about next time you figure out the situation before getting an attitude.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards