Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Dress stores under $1,000

I'm going dress shopping with my sister next week and I'm not sure where to go look for a dress under $1,000, besides David's Bridal. I live in Carrollton, so anywhere in the Dallas area would be fine.

Also, would I need to make appointments? We're probably going in the middle of the day one day next week, since I've got the week off of work. Thanks!
June 2011 Siggy Challenge: My Dress
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Dress stores under $1,000

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Circle Park in Addison, Bridal Co. in Denton, A Bridal Closet (outlet for Lulu's and Stardust in Willow Bend mall)

Definitely don't need appointments for Circle Park and Bridal Closet, not sure about Bridal Co.
    imageimage Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Also try Bridal Boutique in Lewisville and Terry Costa off Preston in Dallas.  I would suggest making appointments for either of those places.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress from Alfred Angelo for under $1K. I know a lot of girls don't like stores like AA and DB, but I thought they had beautiful and affordable dresses and I had great customer service experience at the AA in Frisco.
  • Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting mine at Emma's Bridal Boutique in Red Oak... yes, it's a drive, but the prices are worth it.  Also, this sounds weird, but if you find a dress that you love, go to www.netbride.com and get a quote from them on the exact same dress.  Most places will match the price.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got mine at the Bridal Co in Denton and I did not have to make an appointment.  If you go on Saturdays they are super busy, but not so much during the week, so I think you would be fine.

Anniversary

• Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mii's in Dallas was where I got mine. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Keep in mind that if you go to Circle Park Bridal you will be buying 'off the rack'.  So, you are not trying on samples and if you fall in love with a dress and don't buy it - it's possible it won't be there the next time you go.  I got my dress there, though and I had a wonderful experience!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Circle Park in Addison is what comes to mind.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Anyone been to Group USA? Is it a chain? Are the clothes generally nice?
  • Options
    lesalyriclesalyric member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is a Group USA in Grapevine Mills. I looked at dresses there and they seemed on par with other stores like David's and Alfredo Angelo. The store was clean and the people were normal retail people, not overly zealous bridal consultants, which was nice.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    danielle16_17danielle16_17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lasting bridal coutour in addison is where I got mine
  • Options
    Bootsie12Bootsie12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got mine at Circle Park Bridal, I had a wonderful experience.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I thought the dresses at Group USA seemed very cheap & polyester-y. You wont find any recognizable brands there.
    I got mine at Lasting Bridal in Addison. My rep Sara was very nice & she actually talked me into trying on the dress that I ended up loving & buying. I called around to all of the area bridal salons & they actually had the best price for my dress since they honored the trunk show prices that were there weekend before. Most places could not offer discounts, but I got a feeling that it had to do more with the designer, it was a Sottero & Midgley dress.
    But back to your question, Lasting Bridal has dresses that are under $1,000. I also did not have to make an appointment since I stopped by in the middle of the week as well. Like PP said, as long as you're not going on a Saturday you're good.
  • Options
    AnnaM1031AnnaM1031 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I third Lasting Bridal, that's where I got my dress. My consultant Laurie was and has been great! It was by far my best dress shopping experience. My dress was not under $1,000, but they do have a pretty large selection that is.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kris928kris928 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I got my Maggie for $650 at Mii's

• Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    edited December 2011
    I found my dress originally for $800 at Bridal Bliss in Ft. Worth... then called around and found it in Red Oak for $590.  I would definitely say call around - no matter where you go!  (Mine is a Watters Too)!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the suggestions! I will check them out. Laughing
    June 2011 Siggy Challenge: My Dress
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    amberproamberpro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress at Lulu's for $700 (fabulous experience).  But tell the sales associates because they have dresses over $1,000, too.  
    photo images_zps41edd072.jpg

Carter born 5/28/11
    BFP 9/27/12 EDD 6/11/13, MC 9wks, no HB

• Options
    edited December 2011
    When you call to price check other places, do you give them some sort of a number to check the stock?
    Disclaimer: Please excuse the above comment. I'm probably freaking out because there is less than one month to go. Thank you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Our Huge Planning Blog :) * Updated 06/11

July 2011 Bride
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, at Lasting Bridal they had the style numbers written on the price tags and my rep even wrote down the numbers for the 2 dresses I was trying to decide between on a business card. I just gave the other stores that number & they were able to check very easily. Most didn't have it in stock but could order it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Don't think your budget has to restrict you to Alfred Angelo or David's. Find a dress you absolutely love and call around for the best price. I tried on a dress in the metroplex that was out of my budget but I ordered it from a store in Waco for less than my budget.
  • Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    edited December 2011
    And if you find a style that you love, go to the designers website and figure out what stores sell that designer.  I looked in Texas within a 100 mile radius of where I live for stores that sold my designer.  Definitely do your homework before you buy!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got mine for under $1000 at Bridal Designs in Soutlake.  I couldn't believe how inexpensive it was.

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    edited December 2011
    wagnerj3 - your dress is beautiful... who is it by?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards