Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Reception Contract Cancelled - Please Help - Need New Venue

I am getting married (hopefully) in less than 30 days and I have nothing for a reception. I found out a few days ago that I had been lied to for months and that my reception was cancelled by the venue.

I need a place that does the food and alcohol - or at least can do that - and is reasonably priced.  About 130-140 people.  If you know of anywhere that's available, please let me know.

Thank you!

Re: Reception Contract Cancelled - Please Help - Need New Venue

• What venue cancelled on you (so that we have an idea of what style you are going for and the budget)?  Without a general budget, it's hard to help.  "Reasonaby priced" can mean many things. 

Have you talked to any of your vendors?  They may have some connections..

Addison Event Center
    Fairy Tale Manor
    El Dorado Country Club

• Thanks for responding.  I've tried those places, and I'm still waiting on Addison to maybe have availability.  I need to keep it around 10K and at this point, I'm willing to talk to anyone. 
  • http://www.cappellacourt.com/
    Not sure if they offer full bar. carrollton, tx

I am a local baker if you need anything in that department.
    www.biminisweets.com
    I make custom gumpaste flowers and all. Like this one:

• Try Ashton Gardens. They can help you with both ceremony and reception, the location is stunning and if you are on an off-day such as sunday, a weekday, or Friday evening, the Food & Beverage minimums are low enough that after service charge and tax it will be right around your price range. They are offering deals currently for Friday and Saturday evenings.
    www.ashtongardens.com
    Also, on off days, Hilton DFW at the lakes. I met with them a few weeks ago and was shocked at the affordability, despite it being marked as $$$.
    Being a little flexible to have the wedding on a sunday or weekday rather than a Saturday makes a huge difference in cost. However, some facilities or vendors may try to charge a rush-fee for last minute bookings, or add to the service charge, so read the contract carefully.

Best of luck!
    Both are venues listed on the knot, and you can see pictures and check references.
  • If you like Ashton Gardens, but don't want to pay out the wazoo for your wedding, look at Harmony Chapel. I got married there and absolutely loved it! It is gorgeous and affordable. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our first "child" and he's a handful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards