Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Re: SA Wednesday

• edited December 2011
    Steve wants to go out to this friend of the family's land tomorrow and spend the whole day and night there.  I did this last year with him and I don't want to do it again.  I'm sorry but I was a good sport about it last year, but I don't want to do again this year.  It's going to be so cold and windy and I just don't want to sit around and drink all day and night.  Plus, the only other girls that are going are 18 and I have pretty much nothing in common with them.  The only reason I want to go is because I have 2 days off from work and if I don't go, I won't see Steve for a day and a half and if we've got time off we should spend it together.  Plus, I wouldn't do anything at home.  I'd be alone on NYE and that sucks.
  • pphqt10pphqt10 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I am soooooo glad FI's friends are stepping up the plate and getting tux stuff done, my own cousin on the other hand (who was supposed to be an usher) might not be coming to the wedding because of SXSW... great
  • kris928kris928 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the holidays but I'm ready for them to be over, for the last 2 weeks Joe has been working 17-20 hour days and getting about 4-5 hours of sleep each night, I miss him and I know he is beyond worn out.

I just finished looking at People magazines "people that lost half their size" and if they can do it, well, I need to get off my lazy behind and lose these 15 lbs I've been complaining about.
  • juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so glad to be home and I was only gone three days.  It was the longest three days of my life.

My experiences with my ILs have really colored my opinion of the state of Louisiana.  I'd never really been there before but, at this point, I hate that place. 

I hope everyone had a great Christmas!
  • shananaginsshananagins member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hate dieting.  I've gained about 10 lbs this year and I have to get rid of it, but I hate how when you're dieting all you can think about is eating.  I went and boght all sorts of healthy food but I don't want it.  I want pancakes and cookies and sliced cucumber just doesn't cut it. 
    imagemy read shelf:
    Shannon (shananagins) Jones's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • almoyoalmoyo member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This moist dampness outside is gross. I'm just physically uncomfortable because of how icky the weather is.
  • Buttercup509Buttercup509 member
    edited December 2011
    Organizing groups of people is a pain in the butt.
  • Jay+MarissaJay+Marissa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jay's family really wants me to come down for NYE, so I am. But we will do absolutely nothing again. I really don't want to watch him play XBOX all night
  • tnickel06tnickel06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm disgusted with Tech right now. We just fired our football coach over the stupidest thing ever.
  • edited December 2011
    I don't get why men expect us sit and watch while they go camping or play XBOX and be happy about it when most of them wouldn't be caught dead at the hair salon, nail salon, browsing at the mall without a purpose, etc.

Men... grr...
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you, Tiffany!!  Seriously!  Steve's like, "Just bring a book or something" I'm sorry, but I don't want to sit around all day.  And then I don't want to huddle around a fire pit and drink jack and coke all night and then sleep in an unfamiliar bed, in an unfamiliar cabin and then if I have to pee in the middle of the night, fumble around with a flashlight trying not wake people up! 

Part of me wants to just stay home and go to the mall, see if I find some good deals, and then go get my nails done and then come home, watch some Glee or Dexter and drink wine and just have an evening to myself.  It sounds like fun right now...but I have a feeling at some point I'll get really lonely and wish I had just sucked it up and gone with Steve...Plus, I'm not sure I'm ready to sleep in the house by myself.  But he's offered to come home in the evening...I just don't want him to feel rushed or like I'm taking away his time with his brother.  I don't know...I'm so torn on the whole thing.
    edited December 2011
    Fired?  I don't necessarily agree with that but I do think he was wrong with how he handled an athlete with a concussion.  IMO, he's a jerk anyways and several times this year he showed that he doesn't know how to handle adversity or the young men he's in charge of.  For instance, if you expect those young men to be on time for team meetings, shouldn't you be on time too? 
  • Buttercup509Buttercup509 member
    edited December 2011
    None of that sounds like fun to me Mariah. I think I would probably stay home and let him hang out with his brother. The only part that would bother me is that it will be NYE, so no kiss at midnight. If it was any other day of the year I would just have some girl friends over to spend the night that way you wouldn't be uncomfortable sleeping alone.
  • edited December 2011
    I would stay home too.  I totally understand if you are not comfortable yet though.  That is a tough one. 

Do you have any single friends you could either invite to camp or invite to have a girls night with?  I know it is NYE and that makes it hard.  :(
  • appletango85appletango85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sa-wednesday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:8c1aa09a-81d8-4125-9028-b528f2127baaPost:8faef155-f3c5-41c7-b9e3-924835154149">Re: SA Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]   But he's offered to come home in the evening...I just don't want him to feel rushed or like I'm taking away his time with his brother.  I don't know...I'm so torn on the whole thing.
    Posted by Mariah09202008[/QUOTE]

Have him come home. He offered and he gets to spend the whole day with his brother. Or tell him to go spend the night tonight or something. I would ask David to do the same thing only bc it is NYE. Any other time I would happily stay home and do what you described above and have me time. Actually, I do it once a month when he goes off for a weekend to play his game stuff things. I love it now!
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, I just checked the weather and there's no way I'm going to be out in that.

Tiffany, I wish I could invite other girls to come...but it's a friend of the family and Steve isn't as close to them as his brother is, so I'd feel uncomfortable asking.

I think I might tell Steve to just head up tonight if he wants to and come back tomorrow evening.  I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that doesn't sound like fun.  It was ok last year, but I'm just not in the mood to do it again 2 years in a row.  I probably wouldn't mind so much if it weren't so cold...but I think I'd just be miserable the whole time.

At least I'll have my dog to protect me and make me feel safe if he does decide to spend the night. :)
  • tnickel06tnickel06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Julie, I wasn't too much of a fan of him but I do believe that he was fired over nothing. We're not doctors and the doctor who treated him said he didn't hurt him in any manner. But this was just a witch hunt because the AD doesn't like him for some reason.

And don't even get me started with Craig James. I hated that his son was at our school from the get go because of what he did to SMU. In fact, my family and I were just talking about it not too long ago about how we better watch out because he might ruin another program.

• appletango85appletango85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will probably end up canceling my chiro appt today bc my normal dr is out of town. I just don't like the other dr doing my adjustments..besides she doesn't know my full history and how my body likes to be adjusted and what to do when it's being stubborn...I should go because I haven't been in a week but I think I'm going to wait til next week...I'm not in pain especially because I'm not doing anything but I know I need an adjustment...especially as I am not completely out of the woods yet...but oohh weelll!

I love Chipotle. And Red Bull.

I want to be off work to run the errands that need to be ran for our party tmrw night.

The atmosphere and energy in my office has been soooo nice with a certain coworker being gone for almost 2 weeks now. Plus boss was out this week. And yes I have gotten some work done! :p
  • edited December 2011
    I hate that my mom messages me on facebook.  Just call me or e-mail me on something that doesn't take me twice as long to use!  I also hate how she uses the word "say"  as in: "Say...what are you doing for New Years".  I hate that.  She's just irritating me so much lately. 
    edited December 2011
    It doesn't sound like fun to me either, Mariah.  However, I'd be worried about Bill being out on the road tomorrow evening. 

For the second year in a row, one of my coworkers is giving away her tickets to an Aggie basketball game and I got them!  I can't wait to go to College Station next weekend!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm ready for this week to be over. My grandparents are supposed to be moving the weekend and I'm so excited to help them. Even more excited because my parents and siblings will be coming in from Austin to help out. I haven't seen them since the wedding (1 month) and that's just too long!
  • amberproamberpro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Most of the time I don't mind when FI comes home and plays some Call of Duty (he's all ADD and I often get, "So what do you want to do tonight?"  Hello.  I have a couch and wine.  I'm doing it.) But it annoys me whenever he wants me to stop what I'm doing to watch his "awesome kill" or check out his kill count and stats.  It's great that he's proud, and I'm sure I am proud of things he couldn't care less about, but still... just say "Hey, I got 25 kills!" and I can respond with, "Good job, babe" without looking up. 

That being said... FI is so great and went out in the weather to get me a bottle of wine then brought me a glass and set me up with the space heater since I was stressing over the guest list the last several days.  :)

My feet haven't been warm in 3 days.

Guest list politics p!ss me off.

I'm not cooking tonight (again) simply because I don't want to.
    photo images_zps41edd072.jpg

Carter born 5/28/11
    BFP 9/27/12 EDD 6/11/13, MC 9wks, no HB

edited December 2011
    Amber,
    Guest list politics were the worst.  Bill had to drop a friend off of his part of the list so his parents could invite some friends that he had never even met before.  Nevermind the fact that they wanted to invite half of BR.  Also, I don't cook many nights because I don't want to.  It's okay.  :-)
  • shananaginsshananagins member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Julie, half of BR was at our wedding too!  I wonder if we've married into the same family :-)
    imagemy read shelf:
    Shannon (shananagins) Jones's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • amberproamberpro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    haha :)  Thanks, Julie.  FI and I are text arguing over who has to pick up and pay for fast food as we speak!  lol

I've heard much worse stories over guest lists than I'm having, but it is still so political!  If I invite so-and-so, then we need to invite so-and-so and if we invite these people, then we have to invite their adult children, but then so-and-so will be offended, etc.  It's enough to spin your head.  I oughta just count my blessings that I don't have parents or FILs shoving too many random people at us.  At least one of us knows everyone.
    photo images_zps41edd072.jpg

Carter born 5/28/11
    BFP 9/27/12 EDD 6/11/13, MC 9wks, no HB

• edited December 2011
    I don't understand why people say "FML" on facebook or in general.  Are things really that bad?  For instance, I guess a guy I know went skiing and his skiis got stolen and he put "fml" on his facebook status.  I'm sorry, but dude...you're on vacation.  Skiing.  You're ski's got stolen.  Not your wallet or your credit cards.  Not your identity.  You're not dead or in the hospital.  I just think it's a little dramatic to proclaim, "fml" in general. 
  • edited December 2011
    I need to find something to do for NYE. Sam works nights, so he won't be home. I'm not going home and doing nothing on NYE, lol.
  • edited December 2011
    So I saw my sneak peak of my engagement pictures, and although I really like them I now know that when people have told me I have not put on weight they are lying! I also know that Richard needs to smile more in pictures.
    edited December 2011
    Shannon,
    I am now completely intrigued.  We ended up only inviting about fifteen people who are from there but I know they wanted to invite more.  However, my parents and I just couldn't afford it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards