Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Magnolia hotel - Can anyone provide me with any reviews

HI,  I am thinking about having my wedding and recdeption at the Magnolia -  has anyone else had  either their cereomony or reception there?  Reviews?  How's the food?    Any advice would be helpful!  Thank you! 

Re: Magnolia hotel - Can anyone provide me with any reviews

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not too much help but I did consider it.  The event planner there was very nice and helpful.  In the end, I felt the hotel was too modern for my taste.  I ended up getting married at the Melrose.
  • edited December 2011
    I too consider it but when trying to finalize it all with the planner there she fell off the face of the earth.  Sorry not much help.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I've never been to a wedding at the Magnolia, but I stayed there on NYE... The beds were hard as rocks! I didn't sleep at all. I also thought they could have spent more on the renovation of such a historic building. There was a lot of fake wood and other plastic-looking decor.

I was very disappointed because I've stayed at the Houston location and it was really nice! I hosted my best friend's bachelorette party there, and the staff went above and beyond to help us. But I guess that's beside the point...

GL!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I have been to a wedding at the Magnolia, and it was fabulous! I think the bride said there was no problems. We actually stayed at the Magnolia and it was the nicest hotel I had ever been too, and thought it was all wonderful, including the beds. Good luck.
  • shauna378shauna378 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all so much for the input.  I would like to have the ceremony and reception at the same place,  and unfortunately the  ceremony room is horrible (typical board room) but  I could  drape it  to make it look nicer .  We would have the reception in the lounge area as opposed to the ballroom...   we just don't know  -  it is there or the Apartment  (which is much more modern).  I forgot about the Melrose, I will have to take a look there too!  Thank you all again! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards