Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Bridal portrait advice (flowers etc)

Ok I'm having bridal portraits taken Saturday and if you could please give me any advice you have I'll really appreciate it! I'm wondering if it matters if my bouquet is like my wedding bouquet will be? Is there anything you suggest I take with me? Did you wear your veil or not? And anything else you can think of that would have helped you if you've already taken yours. Thank you ladies! :)

Re: Bridal portrait advice (flowers etc)

• edited December 2011
    Most of your questions are matters of personal preference.  If you want to wear your veil, wear it.  If you want your flowers to look the same, get them to look the same.

The last couple of times this question was asked, I think the best advice was a) have a big white blanket if you plan to take pics on grass or dirt, to protect your dress; and b) don't wear your wedding shoes so they don't sink in the dirt.
    Anniversary

• 1fwdarlin1fwdarlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! I've read a lot of the other posts but couldn't find information about the flowers or veil... It's basically my decision like you said but I was wanting opinions on what people thought was best. :)
  • angelsong21angelsong21 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP -- definitely personal preference as to what you want in your pics and completely ditto her recommendations. 
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • SBSmith0219SBSmith0219 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bring your veil with you. A lot of girls opt to have pictures taken both ways, with and without the veil.

WEAR FLATS, you are going to do a lot of walking.Just bring your wedding shoes for "shoe shots"

Bring 2 white sheets, it seems like a lot but you are to yse both

Your flowers do not have to be the same, mine were not the same as my wedding day flowers.

Have someone there other than your photog to help with your dress and walking.

Bring water with you to stay hydrated

Bring extra make up and oil blotting sheets for when you sweat

Hairspray/pins if it is windy or if hair falls

Most of all take a breath, and have fun because this day is alot of fun!!

Hope some of this helps!!!!!!! :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    It really is what you are planning to make part of your pictures. Honestly, I don't normally see people who have their bouqets or veils in the pictures. If you want pictures like that and don't want to recreate them.  Then you can take some at the wedding.
  • aggiebugaggiebug member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Its a little late, but I highly recommend using a boquet of fake flowers instead of real.  The real ones have a chance of dying your dress.  Fake ones can still snag your dress but it is much less likely than a flower staining it. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • edited December 2011
    I know a lot of girls who take bridals with some little token that is special to their FIs.  Like FI's cousin took bridals with a basketball because her husband was on a bball team in college, and another girl took pics with her husband's electric guitar.
    Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    SBS said most of it. REMEMBER WATER! I was miserable without it. My bouquet was different so that I could include some Spring flowers since I won't get to have any in October. Definitely bring flats. I had my veil, but only used it in a few shots because it was so windy. If you're doing yours inside, then it's up to you if you want it in your pics or not.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Since my grandparents are doing the flowers we are doing a Fake flowers mockup so I can get the idea and have something during the bridal portraits. Then I will use it as my toss bouquet at the reception. I plan on wearing my veil in most of my pictures, but mine are indoors because I'm scared of getting my dress dirty or it being too windy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 1fwdarlin1fwdarlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for your wonderful advice! I'll be making a fake bouquet tonight and getting everything together. My pics will be at the Dalkas Arboretum. I'll let you all know how it goes! :)
  • edited December 2011
    I never thought about bringing water! Great idea!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards