Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

NWR-Recommendations for food/things to do in Dallas?

Hi ladies!  Hope everyones wedding planning is going well.  I am from CT, and will be working in Dallas all of next week.  Anyone have any recommendations on places to eat, things to do, things to see? My coworker and I are both foodies and love going to local, non-chain restaurants.  We went to Dallas two years ago, it actually snowed the week we were there, and we hadn't done much research on things to do, so we are hoping to have a better time this time around! TIA!

Re: NWR-Recommendations for food/things to do in Dallas?

• It looks to be pretty nice next week.  There is a great exhibit going on right now at the Dallas Arboretum--the Chihuly glass exhibit.

There are some very good local Christmas light displays.
    http://dallas.about.com/od/familyactivities/tp/Dfw-Holiday-Lights-Displays.htm

The new Perot Museum just opened and is getting a lot of pub.
    http://www.perotmuseum.org/

For shopping, both the Northpark Mall and the Galleria Mall are in full swing.

For a fun night out, Pete's dueling piano bar in Addison.
    http://www.petesduelingpianobar.com/

There are so many great restaurants in Dallas, it's hard to narrow it down.  It also depends on what area you are in and your budget.
  • Dallas.  World.  Aquarium.
    Anniversary

• What area of Dallas will you be in? We can for sure recommend some restaurants based on that.
    The new Klyde Warren Park and the adjacent Perot Museum are supposed to be great, but I haven't been down there yet. Since they just recently opened, they may be a bit crowded.

The Chihuly exhibit is supposed to be great, and I love the Arboretum. It also backs up to my favorite place in all of Dallas, White Rock Lake. If you are into running, it's a fabulous place to go for a run, or even walk.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_nwr-recommendations-for-foodthings-to-do-in-dallas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:919a2718-5ead-4d96-b18b-f6baec9d66a7Post:e0484397-fdf0-4155-932e-cc48101dd52e">Re: NWR-Recommendations for food/things to do in Dallas?</a>:
    [QUOTE]What area of Dallas will you be in? We can for sure recommend some restaurants based on that. The new Klyde Warren Park and the adjacent Perot Museum are supposed to be great, but I haven't been down there yet. Since they just recently opened, they may be a bit crowded. The Chihuly exhibit is supposed to be great, and I love the Arboretum. It also backs up to my favorite place in all of Dallas, White Rock Lake. If you are into running, it's a fabulous place to go for a run, or even walk.
    Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the recs so far!  We are staying in the North Dallas - Park Central area (per the hotel website) but we will have a car and will be working during the day at various clients in Dallas and Plano.  Has anyone been to the Chinese lantern festival, I was just reading about it and it looks interesting?
  • You are pretty close to Henderson Avenue, which is a great place to shop and hang out. There are TONS of great restaurants and pubs. We love Sissy's, Hacienda on Henderson, and the Porch for food, Capitol Pub, J Blacks, and The Old Monk for pubs/bars, and Pearl Cup is a MUST if you're into coffee. There is also a lot of shopping, although I'm not as familiar with all of that. 
    I've heard that the Chinese Lantern Festival is a little overrated, and it's in Fair Park, which in itself is nice, but is in a shady part of Dallas with not a whole lot else around it. I think Klyde Warren/ the Perot Museum is in a much better area with more to do as a whole. 

If you want authentic, hole in the wall, cheap Tex Mex, I would highly recommend Nueva Casita. My parents had their first date there, and I've been SO MUCH throughout my life. It's a staple.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards