Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Fort Worth Bridal Shop

My sister in coming in from Lubbock this weekend and the planets have alligned so that she and my mother and I all have Saturday off!

We want to go dress shopping, mostly just to get a look at what's out there and try on a couple to really know what I'm looking for and what I like with my body. We'll probably go by David's, but what are some other good salons in the Fort Worth area? We really don't have time for a trip over to Dallas, so I need to stay in Fort Worth. I definitely want to stay below a grand, any suggestions in the area for my price?

Also, do I absolutely need an appointment to be able to try some dresses on?

Thanks!

Re: Fort Worth Bridal Shop

• I have no Fort Worth suggestions but I would say absolutely make appointments for a Saturday.  You will want someone dedicated to you ready and waiting to help you.
  • edited March 2012
    Bliss Bridal -- It's a beautiful boutique, but out of my price range, so I didn't even go. A knottie recently posted that she'd called and asked how much selection they had in her price range -- under 1k like yours -- and they told her there wasn't much, so she crossed it off her list.

Ocones -- not sure of their pricing. I personally had a bad experience when I tried to shop there -- I just dropped in, the store was completely empty of any other customers, yet the 2 salespeople completely ignored me the entire time. It was weird. But our mod got her dress there and loved it.

Bridal Dreams -- Very small shop. I went in to browse but didn't stay long.

David's -- Crazy busy on a Saturday! Definitely have an appointment, and be prepared that your consultant might have to help other brides during your time slot too. My consultant kept disappearing on me!

Weddings on the Boulevard -- I've driven past it I don't know how many times, but never checked it out. It looks like a small but fancy shop. On the website it says it's by appointment only on Saturdays.

And when I google FW wedding salons, something named DeMaFille came up. Never heard of that one!

I HATE leaving FW for anything, but I drove to Addison to go Circle Park Bridal, and loved it. So if you're considering making a drive, I definitely recommend that one. (My budget was under $600 and I found a lot of options there.)
  • Thanks! Yeah, I think when the semester's over and my sister is home we'll have time to make the trip, we just have from about 10-1 saturday, which may not even leave room for a second place this weekend. I know David's is going to be crazy, but I imagine it will have the biggest selection and will allow for me to get an idea of what I like. Thank you for the detailed reviews though!
  • Davids make sure to make advance appointments...I didn't even end up looking there but I called and they were so booked up on saturday's it was crazy. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited March 2012
    If you don't mind going down to Burleson, try Pence and Penache. My budget was <$1000 as well and found quite a few I liked (but went with a dress from AA in Arlington I liked better)

Edit. I didn't like the Davids out here much. IMO. If you want more assistance like I did, it's not that great and for such a big store they had itty bitty dressing rooms. the girls there basically pulled a few dresses and left us alone and my MOH ended up having to cram into the stall with me to help try the dresses on (did i mention I wass supposed to have 2 employees helping me out) P&P was very nice and had more of the feel i was looking for, AA was a combo of both, big store with a little more attention than DB.
    Anniversary
  • I was going to suggest Pence & Panache as well!  It's not too far south of FW.

I'm actually the Knottie who talked about Bliss Bridal.  I spoke with the owner who was VERY nice, but she was the one who recommended that I not come in with my price range.  She didn't want me to fall in love with something /> $1,000 and then be disappointed with a dress I purchased somewhere else.

I ended up getting mine at Lulu's in Dallas and it cost $1100.  =\
  • Went to David's and Pence and Panache today! David's wasn't too bad, I found a few a liked and I had a 10 am appointment and my consultant never really left. The only problem was everything felt so generic, and half the dresses felt like they belonged at a quince. 

Then I went to Pence and Panache where I fell in love with pretty much everything in the store. Found out that my mom was planning on paying for the dress, with her budget being around 1000, with the agreement that I would pick up the extra if I feel in love with something over. Found about 6 that I'm going to try again on a second visit.

Thanks for all the help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards