Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

B&M (or anything else)

2»

Re: B&M (or anything else)

• edited December 2011
    I'm here. I'm tired, but I can't complain because last night's concert was kickass. Nick and Brian came through our section for one of their songs. Jordan came and sang to the bottom of our section but didn't come up high enough for me to see him up close and personal

Loved it.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • edited December 2011
    Ok call me a PW but this is my first day off in 7 days...plus everything good is happening!! (plus a little on the hyper/active side since I've been drinking diet coke again... :-/ )

ecox-I love your STD!! It's PINK!!! :-)

I absolutely can not wait for my 16x20!!!! It's going to be displayed at the wedding!!!! eek!!   Well as my mom and I were leaving the meeting, I get a text from my OOT BM (my only OOT) and she's like...What are you doing this weekend? I'm in town!!! Hopefully something can be done around me working Friday night and Saturday. (boo!) So I call FI to tell him I'm on my way home and his friends are going to be in town starting Thursday!!!! Gonna hit up BWW Thursday night just like when we all were in Lubbock!! So excited! Now hopefully more RSVPs today!!! :-)
  • ecox12ecox12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Meghan!! I was surprised, my FI was the one who actually picked it out :) I was trying to be nice and keep it in the blue family, and he came back and showed me this one!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-anything-else?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:94d85ce9-2293-484c-bb82-fe1984741910Post:3d11e518-44fb-4b35-8ae7-4092b70cdf20">Re: B&M (or anything else)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well I guess my only B&M is that it's Monday, but on a happier note, I got to personally talk to sparklingdiamond and she's such a sweetheart! I'm happy I found a friend on here! [haha.. I kinda sound like a hippy]. Also, I ordered my save the dates last week, and they are too cute. I can't wait to go home and see them!
    Posted by ecox12[/QUOTE]

Aww thanks!  I'm just glad I could help! :-)

Also, I love your STDS!  So cute!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-anything-else?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:94d85ce9-2293-484c-bb82-fe1984741910Post:7da4d424-d62b-470c-9970-259cded3b843">Re: B&M (or anything else)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks Meghan!! I was surprised, my FI was the one who actually picked it out :) I was trying to be nice and keep it in the blue family, and he came back and showed me this one!
    Posted by ecox12[/QUOTE]

How awesome! My FI would never pick pink. He's so anti "girly colors" lol
  • edited December 2011
    Exhausted but can't B&M too much because its due to tons of Wedding planning accomplishments including:
    - started printing invitations
    - booked rehearsal location
    - picked up dress from boutique
    - started to organize purchases into boxes based on what venue they go to
    - printed up coloring books for kids
    - picked food for rehearsal dinner via taste testing at venue.

Invitations, like I expected, kept me busy most of the weekend!  Just glad I can come to work and take a vacation from my weekend!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • laurencstelaurencste member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have happy things for Monday!  I'm checking things off my list right and left!  Yesterday we picked out our tuxes (black vest/long ties for groomsmen, platinum vest/long tie for FI).  The calligrapher told us today our envelopes were DONE, ahead of schedule! (Left-Handed Calligrapher-- love her, she will pick up and drop off and is super cute and friendly).  Movers BOOKED to move into our shiny new apartment in three weeks, we are starting to receive things from our registry;  it's all starting to happen! Hooray!

Of course, I still haven't booked hair and makeup yet (3 months out).  I don't know why I keep putting that off...
  • courtski2004courtski2004 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I am super jealous of you both, Brianna and Wendi. J was so disappointed that he didn't get tickets months ago...and he sounded even more disappointed when he realized that the DJ didn't play any NKOTB despite us listing them as one of J's favorite bands.
    I'll just continue with the NKOTBSB marathon of goodness on my iPod.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-anything-else?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:94d85ce9-2293-484c-bb82-fe1984741910Post:d3574067-c548-4bfd-9011-f79611528d2f">Re: B&M (or anything else)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am super jealous of you both, Brianna and Wendi. J was so disappointed that he didn't get tickets months ago...and he sounded even more disappointed when he realized that <strong>the DJ didn't play any NKOTB despite us listing them as one of J's favorite bands</strong>. I'll just continue with the NKOTBSB marathon of goodness on my iPod.
    Posted by courtski2004[/QUOTE]

For the record, I requested he play some. He told me he'd have to get permission.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-anything-else?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:94d85ce9-2293-484c-bb82-fe1984741910Post:d3574067-c548-4bfd-9011-f79611528d2f">Re: B&M (or anything else)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am super jealous of you both, Brianna and Wendi. J was so disappointed that he didn't get tickets months ago...and he sounded even more disappointed when he realized that the DJ didn't play any NKOTB despite us listing them as one of J's favorite bands. I'll just continue with the NKOTBSB marathon of goodness on my iPod.
    Posted by courtski2004[/QUOTE]

I got my tickets for $20.11 (they ran a special when the Mavs won).  The tickets were waaaaaaaay over on the far left of the stage towards the top.  About 3 songs in, we moved to the middle section and no one kicked us out.  So, we sat in $65 seats for $20.  WIN!
  • juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Courtney, The hotel is apparently a long term housing facility for low income families and I have no idea where I currently am in relation to Kissimmee. I stay as close as I can to the mouse. I can smell smoke in the air and I do know that, while the rain is annoying to us tourists, they need it desperately so I'm okay with it. We've got some good rain ponchos so we've stayed fairly dry.
  • edited December 2011
    All of my news is pretty good!
    We went to Houston this weekend and picked up our wedding bands. I was only allowed to try it on in the store and now its locked away unitl August 20th :(
    We picked up our invites Thursday but I haven't had time to take them to the calligrapher. I go to get on that ASAP!
    I've made all my "beauty prep" appts for my bridal portrait- Teeth whitening, spray tan, mani/pedi, eye brow wax and hair appt the day of. I just need to go buy lashes at MAC and order hair for my extensions. Anyone know of a good place?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    So I had my interview and it went great.  My only concern is the smell.  The inner admnistrative offices aren't so bad, but the company is a chicken processor.  It was a little overwhelming.  Also, the next door neighbors?  Frito Lay.  It smelled like raw chicken with a side of chips :p

Otherwise, the guy was super nice and quite fun to talk to.  I usually loathe 2 hour long interviews, but this one was fun :P
  • courtski2004courtski2004 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_bm-anything-else?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:94d85ce9-2293-484c-bb82-fe1984741910Post:6655315c-005d-4102-9adf-8d2a521e27a3">Re: B&M (or anything else)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: B&M (or anything else) : For the record, I requested he play some. He told me he'd have to get permission.
    Posted by FebDallasBride[/QUOTE]

Ugh. He was only supposed to get permission if people were requesting hard core rap. I figure that if J listed it as one of his fave bands that we wouldn't have to be bothered with a permission slip. Sheesh! NKOTB is always ok!
  • edited December 2011
    We asked for early 90s "hip hop" and got turned down too :(  We wanted to see Wendi work it ;X
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards