Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

is it possible to have a bridesmaid bouquet for $20 bucks!! HELP!

I am having to cut my flower budget in half due to my WC going MIA. I want real flowers and I love daisies. It will be in season for my fall wedding.  I just don't know what to do. I have gone to two florist and I feel as if they think I am crazy for what I am requesting, but this only works for my budget.
I know flowers are a major part, but I can't fit in no more than tweny bucks because I need centerpieces, bouts, and corsages, and plus my bouquet...
I am not creative for DIY...so any suggestions
MelJ Wedding Countdown Ticker image 218 Invited so far!
image 134 Are ready to party!
image 17 Will be missing out!
image 67 Are MIA!

Re: is it possible to have a bridesmaid bouquet for $20 bucks!! HELP!

• edited December 2011
    Try going to Kroger or a local store like that. Just tell them what you want and how much you can spend. Most of them will work with you.
  • edited December 2011
    If you want JUST daisies, Market Street sells in them bunches of 4 or 5 for $4 each. They charge 10% I think to arrange them so you could have 3 bunches arranged for about $20 including tax.

They have other flowers that can be mixed in that are also $4 a bunch.

I worked with Patty at the Allen Market Street, and she was great. We made our centerpieces from the $4 bunches and she ordered the colors I wanted in advance for me to preview and everything.

I highly recommend her.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • lesalyriclesalyric member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Market Street. I have worked with the Colleyville store and they have been great!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    okay guys thanks so much..I will go to the market street in Coppell...This puts a smile on my face!!!
    image 67 Are MIA!
  • edited December 2011
    i would also consider doing non-floral centerpieces. do a little googling and see if you can find any you like the look of. even if you're not crafty, maybe there's something you could do, or have a good friend or family member help with as their "gift".

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker White Knot

• edited December 2011
    I'm using a florist (I think she gets the flowers wholesale and arranges them in her house) and my bridesmaids are carrying a bouquet of colorful gerbera daisies. Each BM bouquet is costing me $16. She's the one that suggested that arrangement/price - I think she knew I didn't want to spend a ton on flowers and they weren't a priority to me, but I didn't even have to tell her I wanted to spend less than $20.

If it helps, I decided to do pocket squares for the guys instead of bouts, and I'll probably do daisies for the centerpieces as well - but originally thought I'd just do a mirror and candles to save money. I didn't know how inexpensive daisies were! Knowing that, I'll probably do something with a few of those. (Or just one hydrangea in a fishbowl-type glass). Either way I don't expect to pay much, and I won't be DIYing anything either because I'm the opposite of crafty. :)

Let me know if you want me to PM you the florist's name. Otherwise it sounds like you have good suggestions of even less expensive ways to go! GL!
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_possible-bridesmaid-bouquet-20-bucks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:a59a9eea-d0db-4a32-bc92-d26ef6c0a578Post:e9b0d793-74c4-4101-add9-b74d76b8e1aa">Re: is it possible to have a bridesmaid bouquet for $20 bucks!! HELP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm using a florist (I think she gets the flowers wholesale and arranges them in her house) and my bridesmaids are carrying a bouquet of colorful gerbera daisies. Each BM bouquet is costing me $16. She's the one that suggested that arrangement/price - I think she knew I didn't want to spend a ton on flowers and they weren't a priority to me, but I didn't even have to tell her I wanted to spend less than $20. If it helps, I decided to do pocket squares for the guys instead of bouts, and I'll probably do daisies for the centerpieces as well - but originally thought I'd just do a mirror and candles to save money. I didn't know how inexpensive daisies were! Knowing that, I'll probably do something with a few of those. (Or just one hydrangea in a fishbowl-type glass). Either way I don't expect to pay much, and I won't be DIYing anything either because I'm the opposite of crafty. :) Let me know if you want me to PM you the florist's name. Otherwise it sounds like you have good suggestions of even less expensive ways to go! GL!
    Posted by MarieSD[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I'd love the name!

</div>
  • cfibelkorncfibelkorn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am using Market Street in Allen....and they are charging me $8 for each bridesmaid bouquet (which are made of hydrangea)

• edited December 2011
    I'm pretty sure my BM bouquets are $20 and bouts are like $4. I'm getting my bouquet, 4 BM's, 2 mini  mom's bouquets, 1 corsage, 2 pomanders w/crystal beading handles, like 12 bouts, toss bouquet for $300 something.
    Let me know if you would like information. You might have to page me. I'm not good at remembering to look back at threads he he :)
    figuring it out as i go Wedding Countdown Ticker image 124 Invited so far!
    image 105 (including 4 extra plus ones) Are ready to party!
    image 9 Will be missing out!
    image 14 Are making me slowy go crazy!
    RSVP Date October 15th
  • dannag75dannag75 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Coppell Market street! Heidi is excellent to work with and did awesome with my budget! I am sure she will be able to do something beautiful for you!
    Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_possible-bridesmaid-bouquet-20-bucks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:a59a9eea-d0db-4a32-bc92-d26ef6c0a578Post:20a18b0c-2e35-48af-a5cd-e1b110253642">Re: is it possible to have a bridesmaid bouquet for $20 bucks!! HELP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you want JUST daisies, Market Street sells in them bunches of 4 or 5 for $4 each. They charge 10% I think to arrange them so you could have 3 bunches arranged for about $20 including tax. They have other flowers that can be mixed in that are also $4 a bunch. I worked with Patty at the Allen Market Street, and she was great. We made our centerpieces from the $4 bunches and she ordered the colors I wanted in advance for me to preview and everything. I highly recommend her.
    Posted by SoonToBeMrsHoz[/QUOTE]

Patty in floral? Did she by any chance come from a Lubbock store??? Cus when I worked at Market Street in college, I worked in floral once in a while too with a manager there named Patty.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks guys..Donnamarie02 please send me the ladies info so that I can call her
    MarieSD I would like your help too!!!
    Just send me an email...dstfoour@yahoo.com
    image 67 Are MIA!
  • edited December 2011
    Hey, hopefully you see this! Her name is Tarah. Her website is http://tlc-flowers.com/ - I messaged/emailed her through her "contact" portion of the website and she got right back to me.

Donnamarie02 - did you end up using Tarah, too?
  • edited December 2011

Yes I'm using Tarah too! :)

figuring it out as i go Wedding Countdown Ticker image 124 Invited so far!
    image 105 (including 4 extra plus ones) Are ready to party!
    image 9 Will be missing out!
    image 14 Are making me slowy go crazy!
    RSVP Date October 15th
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards