Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Bachelorette Party - This or That?

I'm going back and forth on bachelorette party stuff (my little sisters are planning it, but they definitely need some guidance). I want to do an afternoon activity, go back to a hotel room for lingerie party stuff and to get ready, go out to eat, and then do a nighttime activity. Afterwards about half the girls will go home, half will stay in a hotel.

I really want to include my mom and my two aunts to the afternoon activity, because they are really fun, and my aunts are throwing me a huge shower, and I just think it would be nice to have them involved. So I was thinking doing Painting with a Twist, where you can bring your own wine.
Recently though the idea of taking a private pole dancing class came up and this REALLY excites me. And my mom and aunts are cool... but I don't know if they are THAT cool.
I know both activities would be a LOT of fun, and I would truly be happy with either (though the pole dancing thing is something I would probably never do again, whereas I could go to a painting class another time).
Thoughts? Is it just too lame to invite my mom and aunts to bachelorette functions? Should I dance around a pole to my heart's content? Should I make a painting I can keep forever?

FWIW, FI is all about the pole dancing class, obv.
TIA!

Re: Bachelorette Party - This or That?

• Options
    I don't think it's lame to want to involve your Mom or Aunt. I've been to a few bachelorette parties where the Mom was there for at least the beginning part of the party. I think the pole dancing class sounds fun and you might be surprised that your Mom and Aunt would get a kick out of it. Maybe you should just ask your Mom her thoughts and if she doesn't like the idea of pole dancing class than do the painting.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Carrie!! We did a pole dancing class for my bachelorette party, it was SO much fun! My only suggestion, don't drink to much the night before, as that wil make your experience miserable (thaw would have been me). If your mom and aunt are cool, it would probably be okay to have them there, but make sure you think everyone else would be comfortable with it too. And yes, but DH LOVED it!
  • Options
    Can you do both? Do the painting class with mom and make the pole class the nighttime activity? Personally I could not pole dance in front of my mom but that's just me!
  • Options
    I agree with Stephie...if it wouldn't be too costly. We did a pole class for one of my friend's bachelorette parties and I don't think it started until 10:00 or 10:30 maybe? So it would definitely be do-able. It WAS really fun, but I too am not sure that I would want to do that in front of my mom/aunts. Haha.

I agree with PP - I don't think inviting your mom and aunts would be lame, especially if they are fun peeps! I've been to parties where the moms went out with us for a littl while. I'm kinda having this same debate right now too, though. My MOH is planning a trip to Vegas and while I would be happy for my mom to go out for a while with us here...I'm not sure about a whole weekend in Vegas. : /
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I don't think inviting Moms/Aunts is lame at ALL. Agree with Stephie, maybe make the pole dancing the nighttime activity. I too would be a little embarassed dancing in front of my Aunts (although yours may be totally different, so up to you). 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards