Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Confessions?

Re: Confessions?

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_confessions-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:b0f0e38b-876b-43ca-8418-fc7ffa229ee1Post:7cd9b47c-5df0-4668-bb0b-19972a8fe9fc">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions? : Yes!!  DH did not really try to help on his own, but if I assigned him stuff, or put together options for him to make the final decision - he was all about 'helping'.  They just don't know what to without you telling them.  DH would always say, well I've never planned a wedding before, how would I know what to do?  Neither have I!!
    Posted by serlace[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Yep!! I would always get to my breaking point and DH would say "What can I do, you just have to tell me what to do and I'll do it." I should have asked sooner, then I wouldn't have gotten to my breaking point. 

</div>
  • edited December 2011
    Aw, thanks Lacey! 

I decided not to do it, it was a momentary weakness.  I'm back on the routine I had so much success with before so hopefully I can gain some headway.   Actually, I'm quite okay with my size/weight... just want to tone, tone, tone. 

The thought of a bathing suit disgusts me at the moment.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_confessions-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:b0f0e38b-876b-43ca-8418-fc7ffa229ee1Post:0ff34f5f-21d5-4c52-8a42-c67fc111cdd1">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Strength training is the best.  I lost almost 30 pounds 3 years ago just from eating right, taking Body Pump 3x per week, and cardio.  Kept it off to this day too, even after my old gym got rid of the class.  24 hour fitness just started it a month or so ago, and I've been back on my routine for the last 3 weeks.  Yay. When you build muscle supposedly your body needs more calories just for them to exist.   So I'm burning more just sitting here in my office and doing every day stuff.
    Posted by Tiffany618[/QUOTE]

I LOVE body pump I used to do spin and body pump 3x per week and loved it.  I have also grown a great appreciation for how hard a strength workout can be with just body weight. My old personal trainer trained me for 3 months and we never picked up a weight and many times my heart rate was as high as when I did cardio and I easily dropped 30 pounds in 3 months and have kept it off.

Lacey, that is my biggest concern with the HCG diet is that you are putting hormones in your body and do not know the long term effects with it and in addition its very restricted to around 600 cal a day.  My old manager was a raging bitch while she was doing it.
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I confess I am about to Google HCG Diet.

My 24 just got Body Pump.  I haven't tried it yet but maybe I should.
  • bigbabyfacebigbabyface member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_confessions-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:b0f0e38b-876b-43ca-8418-fc7ffa229ee1Post:cfd2cb7e-5812-419d-b629-1ef8416b6c8a">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aw, thanks Lacey!  I decided not to do it, it was a momentary weakness.  I'm back on the routine I had so much success with before so hopefully I can gain some headway.   Actually, <strong>I'm quite okay with my size/weight... just want to tone</strong>, tone, tone.  <strong>The thought of a bathing suit disgusts me at the moment</strong>.
    Posted by Tiffany618[/QUOTE]

THIS!

I'm with you on this one. I'm my correct "size", but...i'm not happy with it. I miss being as tone as i used to be. But i can't be as active as i was 2 years ago, it sucks!

I think we're wired in this day and age a little different then a few decades ago. I doubt i'll ever by happy...but i'm trying to get there. lol 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_confessions-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:b0f0e38b-876b-43ca-8418-fc7ffa229ee1Post:9cab5473-fb04-4fa1-8f0c-08b32c6b07b1">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions? : My old manager was a raging bitch while she was doing it.
    Posted by bobbileighb[/QUOTE]

Hahahahaha... that's reason enough to not do it.  Although... FFF could get pretty good if I did!!  j/k
  • edited December 2011
    Stephie -  Try it!!    I did 24Set and 24Lift every week prior to re-starting Body Pump...and the first class killed me two days later.  I couldn't sit down...couldn't lift my arms.  It was ugly.

It's a great class because you never stop moving except to quickly change weights.   You start with squats which get your heart rate up and it stays elevated pretty much the rest of the class.   It's nothing like running or spin...but it's a good bonus. :)
  • MLandCJMLandCJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm in a rut.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I confess that I should work out more.  I really think it would make me feel better overall.  I'm always stressed out and tired.  I probably shouldn't eat all the junk that I eat, either.  Sigh.
  • msealemseale member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011

Y'all are making me feel guilty.  I confess that I've gained 30 lbs in the past 18 months.  I don't know what is wrong with me.  I know what to do, and have been able to easily drop weight in the past, but I just can't get motivated now.  That is what is discusting.

Our last sunset in Hawaii...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Michelle & Michael
    Married - August '10
    TTC - Since September 2011
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_confessions-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:b0f0e38b-876b-43ca-8418-fc7ffa229ee1Post:e1aaa2c6-06e0-444a-a763-2051ca018ff6">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that I should work out more.  I really think it would make me feel better overall.  I'm always stressed out and tired.  I probably shouldn't eat all the junk that I eat, either.  Sigh.
    Posted by serlace[/QUOTE]

I concur with this whole statement lol.

I know i need to work out more, and when i do i <u>actually</u> enjoy it, i feel better afterwards and it helps me sleep. So i have no idea why its so hard to motivate myself to do so. It also probably doesnt help that i eat whatever, whenever and how much ever i want.
    edited December 2011

A 500 calorie diet and daily injections?

I confess I think that is completely nuts.

• edited December 2011
    I have another confession... well more like a rant.

I HATE FI's new job! He is gone all the time, he gets frustrated, I get frustrated and on top of all that he is making less money, or making more but spending more. How is that good. So I am helping out and I have less money too. Cry
    I am freaking out because at this rate I don't think we will be able to afford the reception even though its going to be low key. I am so stressed out about this that I have nightmares already and I "smoke" in my dreams (I stopped smoking 4 years ago).

He has to stay at least 2 more months and then apply for another job. Aggh!
  • BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ladies trying to lose weight - If you can/are willing to invest a little money, look into the bodybugg. I love mine. It still comes down to your own hard work eating right and exercising, but it takes out the guesswork. And being a very logical person, that really appeals to me. I let my subscription expire right before the wedding, but I'm starting it up again this weekend after I get paid.
  • edited December 2011
    I confess I had a break down yesterday.  Family issues plus work stress and rude wedding vendors makes for a very fragile woman. 

I confess I booked a minister for this Saturday and only my closest family is invited to our new and improved intimate ceremony.   
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I confess that i've finally caved, and we are no longer having a wedding party. At all...
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_confessions-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:b0f0e38b-876b-43ca-8418-fc7ffa229ee1Post:7f64607b-492e-4b5c-a30a-8f07c9b13b08">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Y'all are making me feel guilty.  I confess that I've gained 30 lbs in the past 18 months.  I don't know what is wrong with me.  I know what to do, and have been able to easily drop weight in the past, but I just can't get motivated now.  That is what is discusting.
    Posted by mseale[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Sorry Michelle :( </div><div>
    </div><div>Nobody can really help you get motivation, but I can tell you where I get mine and maybe it'll stir up some motivation for you. I enjoy working out, I love how I feel afterwards. Also, I refuse to be one of those women who gets married and gains weight. That's a huge motivator for me. I don't want people to be able to say "Yeah, Natalie got married and blew up!" haha</div><div>
    </div><div>Plus, the older we get, the more our metabolisms slow down and all that stuff we hear about...so I figure if I can make this part of my lifestyle now, then it will stick with me and will always be something that is just part of my life..like eating and sleeping.</div><div>
    </div><div>Starting the lifestyle change is the hardest part. 

</div>
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_confessions-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:b0f0e38b-876b-43ca-8418-fc7ffa229ee1Post:16b9b978-e5ea-4d94-8437-72462b068442">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that i've finally caved, and we are no longer having a wedding party. At all...Posted by bigbabyface[/QUOTE]
    Ashlee, this is OK.  No one says you have to have one.  I'd rather go this route than have some bridesmaidzilla in my WP.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_confessions-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:b0f0e38b-876b-43ca-8418-fc7ffa229ee1Post:16b9b978-e5ea-4d94-8437-72462b068442">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that i've finally caved, and we are no longer having a wedding party. At all...
    Posted by bigbabyface[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Who did you cave into? FI? </div><div>
    </div><div>Having no wedding party will makes things easier.....and more intimate. Just you and FI up there. </div><div>
    </div><div>We paid for the dresses, tuxes, shoes for the BM's, dang we could have saved a lot of money if we opted for no WP! </div><div>
    </div>
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_confessions-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:b0f0e38b-876b-43ca-8418-fc7ffa229ee1Post:4e6f8c4e-3884-4a82-84de-5dea74b55464">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess I had a break down yesterday.  Family issues plus work stress and rude wedding vendors makes for a very fragile woman.  I confess I booked a minister for this Saturday and only my closest family is invited to our new and improved intimate ceremony.   
    Posted by Paige0810[/QUOTE]

So are you actually getting married on Saturday?  Are you still going through with the reception?
  • BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, my confession!

I watched Toddlers & Tiaras all day yesterday. And I enjoyed it.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_confessions-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:b0f0e38b-876b-43ca-8418-fc7ffa229ee1Post:4bcd5524-1580-4b99-beba-3bc2152f3872">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, my confession! I watched Toddlers & Tiaras all day yesterday. And I enjoyed it.
    Posted by BanannaP[/QUOTE]

Heh, I confess I have the new episode recorded.

Oh and I also confess that I cannot wait for the new season of SYTTD and Four Weddings January 7. 
  • edited December 2011
    Paige -  Your wedding is really this Saturday?  I thought you were joking yesterday!! 

Kudos to you and I hope you have a wonderful day!!  Put all of the stress behind you and take in every moment!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_confessions-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:b0f0e38b-876b-43ca-8418-fc7ffa229ee1Post:4bcd5524-1580-4b99-beba-3bc2152f3872">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, my confession! I watched Toddlers & Tiaras all day yesterday. And I enjoyed it.
    Posted by BanannaP[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Love that show!!! Those moms are nuts! 

</div>
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_confessions-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:b0f0e38b-876b-43ca-8418-fc7ffa229ee1Post:393de628-d967-4b2c-a3ff-ff22e7729d20">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions? : Ashlee, this is OK.  No one says you have to have one.  I'd rather go this route than have some bridesmaidzilla in my WP.
    Posted by stephiehall[/QUOTE]

Originally me and the FI decided we weren't going to have one. But I really wanted my sister to be apart of the wedding, however these past two weeks she's proved that that just isn't going to happen. Me and her haven't always had the best relationship, but this past year we've kinda started getting closer. I was considering asking her to be my MOH this past weekend, but she was hateful ALL day. And basically ruined me and my FI christmas at my parents. And i have NO idea as to why. The only other person i was wanting was my FI sister, but she's been kinda negative about the whole bridal party thing since the start. She didn't have one either. So i just decided screw it, i have other S*** i have to worry about lol. FI doesn't want one anyways, he just was doing it because I liked the idea.

Oh well....
  • edited December 2011
    Oh, here's one..  since this whole home searching thing began I've been watching the HGTV shows House Hunters, Property Virgins, etc.

I demand to know how on earth these young newlyweds have $800,000+ to spend on a house and $80,000 to put down?   Obviously, cost of living is MUCH higher in some of these states and so are salaries..but HOLY MOLY!!!!

Also, after seeing House Hunters International Costa Rica the other day... I really want to go there.
  • edited December 2011
    My confession: I can't stop spending money even though I'm not working and I know we don't have it. I've done really good paying off a lot of our debt, so I sometimes think I should "reward" myself but that will only get us back into debt. A lot of it is stuff for the wedding so I try to use that to justify it, but I could just wait until I go back to work to buy everything. But shopping helps keep me from getting bored when I have to sit at home. It's all "little" stuff but it keeps adding up. I have a problem!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011

I confess...I have done HCG 3 times. The last try was a major fail (just in that I didn't lose anything...my fault though). Between the first 2 rounds I lost a total of 42 pounds & have kept it off. But it's SUCH a hard diet, and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who has less than 30 or so pounds to lose. It's not worth it in that regard...just workout & eat right. I started out with 90 pounds to lose, and I have about 40 to go.

Flame away if you must...I'm aware of the controversy, but I had my reasons to try it. I researched for WEEKS before I even considered doing it. Long story short...HCG helped me get a good head start, but I still have good results (slow, but decent) with just being healthy.

image Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hols - you look great!!  I won't judge, at all.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tiffany - I ask the same damn question when i see someone purchase a house that $900K and they put down $400K

Angela - Steer clear of Ebay, i've heard many of my friends have become addicts to it lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards