Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Confessions?

Re: Confessions?

• Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_confessions-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:b0f0e38b-876b-43ca-8418-fc7ffa229ee1Post:2959cc17-f4f5-4ba2-b261-1fffb63dcf98">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess...I have done HCG 3 times. The last try was a major fail (just in that I didn't lose anything...my fault though). Between the first 2 rounds I lost a total of 42 pounds & have kept it off. But it's SUCH a hard diet, and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who has less than 30 or so pounds to lose. It's not worth it in that regard...just workout & eat right. I started out with 90 pounds to lose, and <strong>I have about 40 to go.</strong> Flame away if you must...I'm aware of the controversy, but I had my reasons to try it. I researched for WEEKS before I even considered doing it. Long story short...HCG helped me get a good head start, but I still have good results (slow, but decent) with just being healthy.
    Posted by hols0326[/QUOTE]
    Huh? Judging by your siggy pic, I don't see it!<div>
    </div><div>And I did gastric bypass surgery 6 1/2 years ago, so I know all about being judged for such a personal choice. If it worked for you, that's great! You kept it off, that's really the hardest battle.</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I confess that this weekend is the first weekend in two month I haven't had work/extended family obligations. I plan to turn my phone off and be a bum all weekend and just enjoy the quiet.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hols you look amazing!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_confessions-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:b0f0e38b-876b-43ca-8418-fc7ffa229ee1Post:fda87264-55c7-464c-9fc7-b5e5f4800d23">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions? : So are you actually getting married on Saturday?  Are you still going through with the reception?
    Posted by stephiehall[/QUOTE]

We got our license yesterday morning!  I booked our reception at Hoffbrau.  I know it might sound a little crazy, but this suits us better.  I think I was going through all the motions of attempting to plan a wedding to quiet the crowd. 

We are actually getting remarried.  We have been divorced for over a year and after many, many months of counseling and marriage conferences/events, etc., we came to the realization that we never should have divorced.  I realize I may get some snide remarks by this statement.  Whether out loud or not...but we are doing what is right for us.  Two years apart teaches you a lot about yourself.  Marriage is work.  But there's no one else I want to work at it with. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_confessions-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:b0f0e38b-876b-43ca-8418-fc7ffa229ee1Post:3939292f-3147-42ae-9d63-2e7bd433b856">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kudos to you and I hope you have a wonderful day!!  Put all of the stress behind you and take in every moment!
    Posted by Tiffany618[/QUOTE]

Thanks lady!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Thanks for the nice comments! You all look pretty amazing yourselves!!

Paige0810....I seriously hope it works out for you guys. You sound like you know what you want, and how to get it. I like that.

image Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    MLandCJMLandCJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_confessions-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:b0f0e38b-876b-43ca-8418-fc7ffa229ee1Post:03198f52-b3e1-4fad-944a-1eaee33a99ae">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE] Angela - Steer clear of Ebay, i've heard many of my friends have become addicts to it lol
    Posted by bigbabyface[/QUOTE]
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE eBay!
    I used to be a powerseller and you are right it is addicting. I hardly pay retail for anything these days because of eBay.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_confessions-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:b0f0e38b-876b-43ca-8418-fc7ffa229ee1Post:b7ce58f9-11a8-4f28-a31f-e3cbf08b4194">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, here's one..  since this whole home searching thing began I've been watching the HGTV shows House Hunters, Property Virgins, etc. I demand to know how on earth these young newlyweds have $800,000+ to spend on a house and $80,000 to put down?   Obviously, cost of living is MUCH higher in some of these states and so are salaries..but HOLY MOLY!!!! Also, after seeing House Hunters International Costa Rica the other day... I really want to go there.
    Posted by Tiffany618[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>TIff, DH and I watch those shows and wonder the same thing. You're not alone. 

</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Natalie - what's funny is I'm so happy we live in Texas!!  Some of the places people are looking at that cost between 500-800k don't hold a candle to what we can get here for less than 1/4 of the price.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have another confession. 

By the end of Christmas festivities, I was sick of family time. I will be glad to go a month + without seeing the IL's again. Too much family time is not good. Love my IL's to death, but....yeah. 

You ladies know what I'm saying without me saying any more! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_confessions-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:b0f0e38b-876b-43ca-8418-fc7ffa229ee1Post:d1bf953f-381e-434a-980b-c1811135fa69">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Natalie - what's funny is I'm so happy we live in Texas!!  Some of the places people are looking at that cost between 500-800k don't hold a candle to what we can get here for less than 1/4 of the price.
    Posted by Tiffany618[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>EXACTLY!! I don't know how many times we've watched Property Virgins and thought "we could get twice the house, for 1/2 the price here!"

</div>
  • Options
    courtski2004courtski2004 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_confessions-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:b0f0e38b-876b-43ca-8418-fc7ffa229ee1Post:4d580ca1-1d09-443e-8cfc-ab197dd768b8">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions? :  Marriage is work.  But there's no one else I want to work at it with. 
    Posted by Paige0810[/QUOTE]

I confess that this should be everyone's mantra, and that if you don't feel this way (or even realize that it isn't work) you have no business getting married at all. Whether it is the first or fifth go-round. Kudos to you!
  • Options
    bigbabyfacebigbabyface member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_confessions-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:b0f0e38b-876b-43ca-8418-fc7ffa229ee1Post:f1b3b33b-3baa-44c8-a063-f8d1a0192e42">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have another confession.  By the end of Christmas festivities, I was sick of family time. I will be glad to go a month + without seeing the IL's again. Too much family time is not good. Love my IL's to death, but....yeah.  You ladies know what I'm saying without me saying any more! 
    Posted by NMac2010[/QUOTE]

We keep our visits short and sweet usually. We try and have dinner with FI mom or dad at least once a week, and we try the same with my parents. But we usually only see them for MAX 2 hours. So this past weekend was rough lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_confessions-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:b0f0e38b-876b-43ca-8418-fc7ffa229ee1Post:b7ce58f9-11a8-4f28-a31f-e3cbf08b4194">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, here's one..  since this whole home searching thing began I've been watching the HGTV shows House Hunters, Property Virgins, etc. I demand to know how on earth these young newlyweds have $800,000+ to spend on a house and $80,000 to put down?   Obviously, cost of living is MUCH higher in some of these states and so are salaries..but HOLY MOLY!!!! Also, after seeing House Hunters International Costa Rica the other day... I really want to go there.
    Posted by Tiffany618[/QUOTE]

<div>We saw that episode, what a gorgeous view from their house!  I am always amazed at what some of them are approved for!</div><div>
    </div><div>I confess that after Chris' sister blew up on him on Facebook (about not wanting his niece at the wedding... which isn't even her child, it's his brother's daughter) I will be making no more efforts to reach out to her. </div><div>
    </div><div> I was happy that Chris stood up to her, told her to get her sh*t together and that he doesn't care one way or another if she's at the wedding.  I'm all for that attention whore (a real one) not even showing up with her crappy attitude.  Guess that turned into more of a BM or vent, sorry!</div>
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_confessions-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:b0f0e38b-876b-43ca-8418-fc7ffa229ee1Post:341e644c-07a6-4bdb-a517-c80ecd75907d">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions? : We saw that episode, what a gorgeous view from their house!  I am always amazed at what some of them are approved for! I confess that after Chris' sister blew up on him on Facebook (about not wanting his niece at the wedding... which isn't even her child, it's his brother's daughter) I will be making no more efforts to reach out to her.   I was happy that Chris stood up to her, told her to get her sh*t together and that he doesn't care one way or another if she's at the wedding.  I'm all for that attention whore (a real one) not even showing up with her crappy attitude.  Guess that turned into more of a BM or vent, sorry!
    Posted by llc2011[/QUOTE]

Good for you guys! That's just one less thing you'll have to worry about on ya'lls special day :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_confessions-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:b0f0e38b-876b-43ca-8418-fc7ffa229ee1Post:3b6fea67-0e2b-4bce-87c1-1b40412f4ecd">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions? : We keep our visits short and sweet usually. We try and have dinner with FI mom or dad at least once a week, and we try the same with my parents. But we usually only see them for MAX 2 hours. So this past weekend was rough lol
    Posted by bigbabyface[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>So jealous of you. Wish we had that rule. DH wouldn't go for it. He always says "We will stay for however long it seems appropriate" Ugh....normally that's about 3 hours longer than I want to be there. 

</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_confessions-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:b0f0e38b-876b-43ca-8418-fc7ffa229ee1Post:4d580ca1-1d09-443e-8cfc-ab197dd768b8">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions? :    Marriage is work.  But there's no one else I want to work at it with. 
    Posted by Paige0810[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Amen!

</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_confessions-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:b0f0e38b-876b-43ca-8418-fc7ffa229ee1Post:164db6ca-95ac-4629-89af-d95b0cab2195">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions? : Amen!

<div>Same here!!!</div><div>
    </div><div>Paige. I wish you the best because you have worked for it!!</div>
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_confessions-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:b0f0e38b-876b-43ca-8418-fc7ffa229ee1Post:746b8a04-4941-457c-9f92-e748f3138b98">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions? : So jealous of you. Wish we had that rule. DH wouldn't go for it. He always says "We will stay for however long it seems appropriate" Ugh....normally that's about 3 hours longer than I want to be there. 

that's why we try and meet them at a resturant.

It's quick, and then there's no hanging around wondering when it's okay for you to leave. Because you both go your seperate ways after dinner :D
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Ashlee - not having a wedding party might save you a lot of stress.

Paige (Crystal?) - Kudos to you for doing exactly what you want.  I think it's exciting.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh and Tiffany - actually sometimes I wonder if they are just making that stuff up.  I think they buy the house at that price, I just wonder if they fudge the down payment numbers a little.

Although I did see an episode where the couple had to put buying the house on hold for a few months to clean up their credit. 
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_confessions-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:b0f0e38b-876b-43ca-8418-fc7ffa229ee1Post:5f5b8ad5-8bde-4a0e-9855-d17d80ca812f">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ashlee - not having a wedding party might save you a lot of stress. Paige (Crystal?) - Kudos to you for doing exactly what you want.  I think it's exciting.
    Posted by serlace[/QUOTE]

I think so too. It sucks because every other member of my family will be incorporated, except my sister...but! i tried to make nice and it got thrown in my face. So, she can be the odd man out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lacey - yeah that's a good point! I hadn't thought of that.
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just FYI, a popular Knottie on the Etiquette board (Emilyinchile) is going to be on House Hunters International on Saturday.  I have it recorded, heh.

I didn't see her talk about price, but she did admit that they fugded the timeline (like I think they were already married when they bought the apartment but on the show they made it look like they got married afterwards or something like that).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all for your encouragement.  I have to say - throwing things together in a hurry is not as bad as I thought.  Everything is coming together so well.  <3
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

So i must confess i'm worried to my wits end right now, my vet just called and said she thinks our rescues liver is failing....awesome. We just finished her heartworm treatment last friday, and now this. She's lost about 10 lbs though in a month...and that's huge considering she was 20lbs underweight when we got her. So that's not good at all, as it means she's still 10-15lbs underweight....*sigh* it never ends...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Where have you girls been all my life!?

Everything you guys talk about I am right there thinking the same thing!

Banana- I had a weight loss surgery back in 2005. I lost 92, but gained back 60 over the past 5 years. The problem is I love cooking and going out to dinner. You just get in a habit of all the bad for you stuff. I get so frustrated with myself. 

So my confession is I hate working out. I don't want to be a fat bride, but I go and work out, eat healthy all day and the second I hit that couch with my FI all I want is a chik-fil-a milkshake!

Oh and I watched all those house hunter shows before we bought our house. Most of the high dollar homes are from older couples who've obviously had good steady jobs, but the young ones you just want to punch in the face because they are either being ridiculous about their spending or mommy & daddy are footing the bill! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL ya Etsy is my crack! Laughing
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_confessions-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:b0f0e38b-876b-43ca-8418-fc7ffa229ee1Post:8d8bb06a-0655-435c-b71f-cc3afed63743">Re: Confessions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just FYI, a popular Knottie on the Etiquette board (Emilyinchile) is going to be on House Hunters International on Saturday.  I have it recorded, heh. I didn't see her talk about price, but she did admit that they fugded the timeline (like I think they were already married when they bought the apartment but on the show they made it look like they got married afterwards or something like that).
    Posted by stephiehall[/QUOTE]

I love that show.  I will have to record it as well. 
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Speaking of shows; I confess that I have become mildly interested in the show "bridalplasty". Which is odd for me, because not only do I not like reality tv, but I hate drama....and this show is both. HA! Funny how that goes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards