Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

I'm Quitting!

I've decided to quit smoking! I know its going to be difficult, but I know that it can be done! I know that if I don't start now, when my wedding comes around (May 2011) I wont be able to do it because I'll be too stressed out and I'll push it back. I'm posting this here just to help me keep accountable, so send me all of your good thoughts!! My fiance is going to be quitting with me, my friends at work and at home are going to be supporting me, so I think I can do it!!

Thanks ladies!!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Bio!
Blog
my to-read shelf:
Audrey's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)

Re: I'm Quitting!

• edited December 2011
    Wow! Congrats!! You are going to feel so proud of yourself when it's over! Good luck!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jay+MarissaJay+Marissa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! What a great way to start a marriage!
  • Audrey&AustinAudrey&Austin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! I've talked to mu FI about the first couple of days when I quit and how I might be a little on edge and he's been really supportive and willing to quit with me. I guess this is going to be one of those big trials that we have to go through, luckily we know that it will pass once we get through withdrawals!!
    Bio!
    Blog
    my to-read shelf:
    Audrey's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    Good luck! :-)

Anniversary

• Bootsie12Bootsie12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Congrats ! That is a huge accomplishment to take the first step to stop smoking. There are a lot of tips, support, etc. available like the American Lung Association. I wish more of my patients would stop smoking, if people only could see what happens many years later. Good Luck

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats on taking this huge step and I wish you luck! 
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats and good luck!!! My FI will be quitting also before the wedding...he's done it before - just picked it back up again when he started hanging out with friends more often after school was finished. But I know he can do it (we now live too far from friends to be hanging out all the time - in Little Elm - lol) - and I know you and your FI can do it as well!!!! Just be patient, it will be sooo worth it!!!!
  • cfibelkorncfibelkorn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats Audrey!! We too decided that this weekend!

Last April we decided to quit smoking. We stopped cold turkey and lasted about a month and a half. Then decided we would be social smokers, just when we go out. We here we are a year later and we went from a pack each every two to three days to one or two packs a month.

But this past weekend we deciding even social smokig is just so horrible for us and we remember how GREAT we felt for that month we didnt smoke. So we have decided NO smoking and it starts today.

Good luck on your journey and know that others (like us) are traveling down the same difficult path with you :) but you really can do it!
  • edited December 2011
    good luck and keep us posted!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Best of luck!! It is really hard but it'll better your life so much! Hope you and your FI are successful
    Update 6/13/2010
    June 2011 SiggyChallenge: Wedding Cake
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards