Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Ceremony Seating Q

Any OMHs still lurking that have divorced parents? Or any one with divorced parents, who has your ceremony seating situated?

I'm having a fit trying to figure this out - do I put them on two separate rows? My parents absolutely HATE each other. I was thinking of seating my mom and grandfather on row 1, and then my dad and stepmom directly behind them. Should I separate them more than that, like maybe putting my cousin and her family on row 2 and then my dad and stepmom behind them?

You'd think they could suck it up and deal for a 30 minute ceremony, but after my college graduation I'm not holding my breath on it.
~DFWs Resident Snark~
I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?

Re: Ceremony Seating Q

• Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

Oooh, I don't think I'd put your dad that far back.  I like the first idea better if that is possible.

My parents are divorced but have no problems so therefore there were no issues.  My mom ended up not eating at the head table (even though she said she would) but that was no big deal really.  They sat on the same row at the ceremony.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are sitting them both on the front row with "buffer" family between them :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yea I would probably sit them both on the first row with other family between them.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You know the situation with my IL's and they all sat in the first row (5 seats per row) MIL and SIL in the first two spots and FIL in the 5th so there was 2 empty seats between them.  You could also put him in the second row (if he wouldnt be offended) but that is as far back as I would go.
  • Options
    crash2729crash2729 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think we're going to do either everyone on the front row with buffer in between or First row-Dad's Family. Second Row-Mom's family. 
    No one really knows yet, so there's not been any reaction to this either...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I like your first option (which is what we did) as well as putting them on the first row with buffers in between.  Personally I would ask your dad what he wants (I am assuming your mom will be in the first chair of the first row, no matter what)- he may like the view from the first chair of the second row instead of the very end of the first row.  MIL declared that FIL needed to be in the 3rd row and his wife needed to be on the last row but that didn't happen and she wasn't happy.
  • Options
    bigbabyfacebigbabyface member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Fi's parents are divorced.

They hate each other, but they've sucked it up and acted as adults at birthday dinners when we do them.

They dont talk...or acknowledge each other...but that's better than eating each other...we shouldnt have a problem with a 30 minute ceremony. I have faith they will act mature. As for the reception we wont be having a plated dinner, and most people will be walking around. So i assume we wont have any issues there either.

However, I am worried about the behavior of my brothers ex-girlfriend. as she's a long time family friend and is still invited to the wedding. i'm not sure how she'll take to my brothers current GF
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards