Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Budget Wedding Cake ideas

I am looking for someone to bake our wedding cake for $500 or under. We are going to have about 100 guests and will have a grooms cake as well but we do not need someone to bake that. Any ideas ladies?

Re: Budget Wedding Cake ideas

• Options
    tiffanygosstiffanygoss member
    First Comment
    edited January 2013

Have you looked into Market Street or Central Market, They have some really pretty cakes and are pretty inexpensive. The bakers most grocery stores hire are either in culinary school or have graduated from one. Also in Texas there is the Home Bakers Bill, which allows people to bake and sell out of their home. There are a ton of talented cake decoators out there and the price is lower because there's no overhead. You can find alot of these on Craig's list.

Also there are some really great florist, photographers, day of coordinators on Craigs List as well, I found my florist and DOC from there and they have been awesome. Like the cakes they work from home so no overhead which means better prices.

Hope this helps.

• Options
    When is your wedding? My friend owns Ashley's Cakery, which is certified under the Home Bakers Bill, and she did our wedding in July. She had a baby in November, and I know she was taking some time off, but not sure how much time.

We paid 450 for cake for 150 people BUT that didn't include a delivery charge since she was invited to the wedding anyways.
    Here is her website:

Here are our cakes:
  • Options
    I think Calling All Cakes would be within your price point.  And Whitney does crazy beautiful design.  We went a different way but only after days and days of agonizing.
  • Options
    Tabitha Ballard Cakes by Design. 

http://www.cakesbydesigndfw.com/

You might also check the Cake Guys Sweet Inspiration Package (although that might mean you have to include the groom's cake) or Candy Haven.
  • Options
    Bake Rejoice is also fairly low-budget.  I wasn't too impressed with her cakes, but she's popular in Plano.
    Anniversary

• Options
    We are using Lisa's creative cakes. She is amazing, and our cake is 480 for 200 servings and delivery.
    November Siggy: STD/Invite inspiration imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • Options
    We're using Colleen from Colleen's Cakes (in Keller) and are paying $650 for a wedding AND groom's cake for 100 people (thats $4/slice), and that's with an up-charge for some of the over-the-top decorations I wanted. While we haven't had our wedding yet, the work I've seen is awesome, the cake flavors are different and delicious, she is ridiculously sweet, and she does it out of her home AND doesn't charge for delivery, so you save costs there. She also makes a separate top tier (or cupcakes if you have multiple flavors) free of charge for the wedding night!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards