Registry and Gift Forum

Eco-Friendly Registry

I was going to post this on the eco-friendly weddings board, but it's pretty dead over there :(

I'm trying to find a store that carries a lot of locally made (USA) products that are sustainable and will last a lifetime.  Most of the registry will focus on kitchen/dining items.  Any ideas, Knotties?

Re: Eco-Friendly Registry

• I'm not sure about a specific store, but I believe that Lenox is one of very few brands of fine China that is made in the US. 
  • Your best bet is to probably choose items from a department store that fit these criteria, rather than looking for an entire store full of made-in-the-usa products. And yes, pp is correct about Lenox. Also, many stores now offer "green" registry options that request your gifts are not wrapped, to save paper.
    Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would probably research the products I was registering for.  I know bed bath and beyond has organic towels.  Not sure if they last a life time though.  You could also do an online registry like the Greenbrideguide.com
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Lots of products are being re-patriated. All-Clad cookware is made in the U.S., most Lenox fine china is (I believe some serving pieces are still made in other countries, but will eventually also be made in the U.S.), Fiesta casual dinnerware is made here, too. All of these are good quality brands, too, so they should last you a very, very long time.

I agree with the people who have said to register at a department store and only add items that are made in the U.S. I'm not sure there are stores that only carry U.S. made items.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_eco-friendly-registry-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:000eb512-f8d1-4c26-abd8-71d019e2b704Post:9549ac39-cd50-4bf3-9713-95fe203ed8cd">Re: Eco-Friendly Registry</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lots of products are being re-patriated. All-Clad cookware is made in the U.S., most Lenox fine china is (I believe some serving pieces are still made in other countries, but will eventually also be made in the U.S.), <strong>Fiesta casual dinnerware is made here, too</strong>. All of these are good quality brands, too, so they should last you a very, very long time. I agree with the people who have said to register at a department store and only add items that are made in the U.S. I'm not sure there are stores that only carry U.S. made items.
    Posted by GretchenLaRoux[/QUOTE]

I second Fiesta. I come from the town it's made in. I get to go to the super tent sales and visit their "scratch and dent" room, where the only thing wrong with a plate is a small bubble on the bottom or something, and it's super duper discounted. I loves it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love it, too, stacey! I just started picking up some pieces this year. I live maybe 1.5 hrs from the factory, so I'm looking forward to getting out there one of these days, especially since Shamrock pieces are sort of hard to come by in stores now.
  • Thanks for the ideas, ladies!
  • The type of stores that sell only US & locally made items won't be big enough to have registry services. I would do research on the items you want and then find big department stores that carry them, then register just for those items. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards