Registry and Gift Forum
Options

gift for engagement party?

there is an engagement party for my stepsister coming up...do i get her and her FI a gift? what is an appropriate gift or amount of cash for an engagement party? TIA!

Re: gift for engagement party?

• Options

Bottles of wine, gift certificates for nights out, picture frames are common gifts for engagement gifts. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    thank you! i'll do wine in a nice wine holder and a fancy stopper  :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_gift-engagement-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:01acd3fc-6149-4692-bd47-44e468a76194Post:ee59aca2-93b6-4111-a34f-fc9da0579b55">Re: gift for engagement party?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bottles of wine, gift certificates for nights out, picture frames are common gifts for engagement gifts. 
    Posted by Galaxy8227[/QUOTE]

DItto this.. these types of gifts were mostly what we received at our engagement party. Some people even gave cash and we got a few nice vases, but the bottles of wine and champagne were the most popular. It was great to re-stock our wine rack and we definitely enjoyed them.
  • Options
    We've received mostly serving bowls, a wine club membership and a really cool designer honey pot.

One gift I received that I thought was really unique is a crystal ring holder for when I take my ring off. I thought that was really clever!
    "I liked it, so I put a ring on it" - future Mr. Box
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards