Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Registering at only one store??

I know that the general consensus is that you should register at 2-3 different stores to give guests options.  Right now we have everything on one registry at BBB.  Is it that bad to have just one registry, with a variety of gifts and price point?? 

We had started a second registry at Macy's but after we looked more we realized that almost everything we had on the Macy's registry was available at BBB for cheaper (and guests could use the 20% discount coupons).

We could move just our china over to the Macy's registry since it is one slightly more expensive there, but a huge part of me wants to just leave everything at BBB.  Does having just one registry sound like an awful idea??

Re: Registering at only one store??

• Options
    It's not an awful idea. 

Really compare the prices of the china and if it would be significantly cheaper to buy it at Macy's that's probably the way to go.  If it's only a few dollars more per item, I think it's fine to keep everything in one place.

I only have 2 registries because there were certain things I could only find at one place but not the other.
    murrayed
  • Options
    We had only one registry and it was at Bed Bath and Beyond.  Everything we wanted was there, it's a national chain, and it's online.  It was definitely not a problem to only have one.
    imageimage
    Follow my book blog: Panda Reads
    Follow me on Goodreads: my read shelf:
    Sandra's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I think BB&B is a good registry if you are only having one.  Like you said they have the coupons and the prices are always good and there are tons of locations. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Hey,

I dont think its an awful idea if you feel you have everything you need at BBB.

We created a registry at http://www.joyouswedding.com (actually our entire wedding website). We really needed alot of stuff and at JoyousWedding you can register for everything from appliances to laptops (as well as all the "regular" stuff).

Good luck in your future planning :)

/Jenny
  • Options
    I'm having the same issue. We found everything we wanted at BB&B, but then I kept reading that you should have at least 2 stores. So I ended up setting up a registry at Macy's and now I'm kind of regretting it. I only have like 5 things on the Macy's registry, and a few of them are now "unavailable".  I also thought of switching the china, but it's more expensive at Macy's so why do that to my guests?  I don't think it's worth it... Just my opinion! :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_registering-only-one-store?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:040eb164-da6f-4d5d-aaf5-22a3116636fcPost:54eb7e44-26a3-4bd5-a3d7-664508a135d8">Re: Registering at only one store??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm having the same issue. We found everything we wanted at BB&B, but then I kept reading that you should have at least 2 stores. So I ended up setting up a registry at Macy's and now I'm kind of regretting it. I only have like 5 things on the Macy's registry, and a few of them are now "unavailable".  I also thought of switching the china, but it's more expensive at Macy's so why do that to my guests?  I don't think it's worth it... Just my opinion! :)
    Posted by Ktocci46[/QUOTE]

That is exactly what I was feeling when I originally asked the question.  Everything was at BBB and I kept trying to move things to my Macy's registry...but like you said, it was more expensive, unavailable, or in some cases I just didn't like the version of something they had at Macy's as much. 

We finally decided to just do the BBB registry (and I just deleted everything of Macy's last night)...After reading people's responses and talking to some family, I think it will be fine.  BBB are everywhere(and they have awesome coupons!) and it seems silly to get something you only kinda like for more expensive just to have another registry :)
  • Options
    I think its just fine...you said you covered all price ranges,which is the biggest issue.  As long as everything you want is available at bbb, and there are enough items for everyone who wants to buy you a gift, you are set!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards