Registry and Gift Forum

Favorite Place to Register

So what is everyone's place to registe? My thinking was Target and Macy's and possibly Crate and Barrel if I need to. I see lots of mentions of BBB but I have always found the store to be cluttered and can never find anything or have to search high and low to find a gift.

What's been your experience? Should I forgo Macy's and do BBB instead?

Re: Favorite Place to Register

• I'm doing BBB and Macys and I have to say that I really like BBB because their regular prices are Macy's sale prices. I want my guests to get the best deal possible, and BBB is typically going to be cheaper - plus they have 20% off coupons too. The only way Macy's is going to have a better deal is if they are having one of their big sales, and those only come around every so often. If it wasn't for Macy's nice bedding and bath towels, I would have deleted my Macy's registry after I found out the dinnerware I wanted is not available to be added to the registry (I guess it's being discontinued, even though they are plain white dishes...go figure).
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • We're doing Macy's, BBB, and Crate & Barrel.

Macy's because I felt like our older guests would prefer to buy wedding gifts from a department store.

BBB because it has cheap prices (our casual china was half the price of the identical item at Macy's) and a few items we couldn't find elsewhere.

Crate & Barrel because they have cool stuff. This has been my favorite registry and the most popular by far for shower gifts.
  • i would definitely get rid of target. after doing research when i was trying to decide on registries, i discovered that people have encountered soooo many problems with them.

BBB has an amazing return policy and great coupons, plus a really good selection of items, much better than target IMO.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love my Macy's registry.  They had the dishes that I really love and the store is far less of a nightmare than BBB. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would skip Target and do BB&B.  Their return policy is great and they are always sending out coupons. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Just an FYI about china and crystal.  It's not Macy's; it's the manufacturer.  There are a few patterns which have been around for my whole life (quite awhile) and I have both of them (Friendly Village from Johnson Brothers and Spode's Christmas Tree), but these are exceptions.  Most patterns come and go fairly quickly so before registering check the anticipated availability.  If a pattern is discontinued, you can continue to get pieces through the manufacturer or through something like Replacements Ltd, but this will be more difficult for guests.
  • I'm at Target and Macys.  I have yet to hear of a perfect experience from anyone at any registry - I've heard BBB registry people are pushy, I know I've had issues on my Target online and in-store registries matching up (although have yet to actually receive something I didn't register for, so can't complain there) and then Macy's changes stock a lot like any department store.

Shop at the places you like and you think will be convenient for your guests.  Part of why I went with Macy's and Target is because they are two places I know 98% of my guests will have access to, and the other 2% live in tiny towns.
  • I don't like shopping at the BBB store because of the clutter/store design but it's great for wedding guests because those 20% off coupons are constantly coming in people's mailboxes.  And if they have the registry, they can always ask for help or order online (free shipping for wedding registry gifts). 
    Our Wedding Day
  • Target has a crappy return policy so I would be hesitant on that.  As far as BBB, it can be hard to find stuff sometimes but they have EVERYTHING you could need.  And their prices are pretty great too!  I don't have any experience with Macy's.
    June 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Christmas Movie
    My Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • As a 2nd time bride, without a need to really outfit a home with the basics, I registered at Pottery Barn.  Really nice things at a variety of price points. 

• We are at Target & Walmart and thinking about Kohls. There is a Walmart anywhere so it's easy for people to shop at. I always worry about the older people that refuse to give money because it's not personal to them but don't drive far and don't order online or even have a computer. Since I've lived on my own for over 10 years and my fiance and I have lived together for 3 years already we have no need to get a ton of traditional stuff. We also created a wedding website and listed a few specifics on it like our favorite restraunts and places to go to. That way if they want to buy us gift cards they know where to get them. There are a few items we want that we couldn't put on a registry (the store didn't offer a registry or there was only 1 or 2 items we wanted from a store and no other place had it) So we just listed those on the website as well. I personal can't stand Macy's and their prices so I'd go with BBB over them. I thought the Crate & Barrell store was very disappointing. They didn't really have anything we would use. I am a desginer for Celebrating Home (the nations largest home decor party plan company www.celebratinghome.com/sites/crystalposton) so I am creating a registry with their products for my showers. I may use one other party company as well. The great thing about using a party company is you are the "hostess" so when your guests buy the things you wanted it will count towards your hostess benefits. So say your guests spent $1,000 on gifts you wanted. You would then also get to pick $200 worth of product out of the catalog and get 10 1/2 price items and whatever that months hostess speical was! How awesome is that?!
  • We did Target, BBB, and Crate & Barrel. If we could do it all over again, we would have skipped Target because most of the stuff there could have been found at BBB, and everyone shopped there instead of Crate & Barrel which was by far our favorite registry.
  • We're just registered at BBB...they have pretty much everything we want/need. I love shopping at Target, but we didn't register there because I also heard horrible things about their return policy. BBB is affordable (and still has nice stuff), locations are everywhere, and love the frequent coupons! Pretty much every bride I know has registered there. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards