Registry and Gift Forum

Finishing your registry Question: XP

We have been married for a month now, and the stores that we registered for have the standard 90 day window to take advantage of an extra 10% off for the items not purchased.   I started to sort out the items that weren't purchased for us, and hoped to finish up our registry in the coming weeks, when I realized that there were a bunch of people that didn't get us a present.  I know they aren't required, but I did find it a bit surprising that so many people that attended our wedding had not gotten us gifts.   Ultimately I don't really care, but my question is how long is an appropriate amount of time to wait before purchasing most of the remaining items yourselves?  Thanks!

Re: Finishing your registry Question: XP

• I would go ahead and buy anything you really want now. Just buy it through the registry so that it shows up as purchased if they do decide to buy off it in the future. Worst case scenario: they buy you something that's a duplicate. Return it to the store.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_finishing-your-registry-question-xp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:0998d358-d6d0-4187-8e35-218a1ef2bafdPost:3bbff700-126e-4a3e-a250-b471347b8155">Finishing your registry Question: XP</a>:
    [QUOTE]We have been married for a month now, and the stores that we registered for have the standard 90 day window to take advantage of an extra 10% off for the items not purchased.   I started to sort out the items that weren't purchased for us, and hoped to finish up our registry in the coming weeks, when <strong>I realized that there were a bunch of people that didn't get us a present.  I know they aren't required, but I did find it a bit surprising that so many people that attended our wedding had not gotten us gifts</strong>.   Ultimately I don't really care, but my question is how long is an appropriate amount of time to wait before purchasing most of the remaining items yourselves?  Thanks!
    Posted by lwoehlk[/QUOTE]

Wanted to respond to this part, I am notoriously bad at giving gifts at events that I've had to travel for, even if it is just an hour.  But I usually send a wedding gift within a month or two after the wedding.  That being said, just go ahead and get the stuff you really want, you can always return it if you get doubles.
  • Go ahead and buy whatever you want off your registry.  If someone wants to buy you a gift they can give you a gift card or money or a gift that isn't on your registry. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cwaggoner07cwaggoner07 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited November 2012
    We went to a BBB registry completion event and made sure that everything was taken off the registry. We still left a few things on the registry that we purchased. We couldn't afford to get EVERYTHING left on our registry, and we left the things that weren't must-haves for our new home, but that would be nice to have.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards