Registry and Gift Forum

Pampered Chef

Has anyone registered with Pampered Chef? Can you tell me how your experience was and if you thought it was worthwhile? I love PC parties and can rarely afford to buy anything - I was thinking this might be my shot to get some stuff! Thanks!

Re: Pampered Chef

• I didn't register with them but one of my BM got me some really cool stuff from them. Good luck with the registry.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • the way the advertise it, is rude.  Don't fill out the registry.  If someone wants to buy something from PC for you, they will ask or give you money towards something you can buy. 
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I hate HATE Pampered Chef showers. With that being said, I will purchase from them if the bride is registered there and have gifts shipped. I won't attend the showers, though.
  • I don't like the idea of registering at PC. You said yourself that they are expensive, and it isn't fair to your guests to havet o be locked into buying your wedding gift from one super expensive store. It's even worse when your shower is a PC party/shower, because then guests are shamed into buying something in front of everone else. Register for items in various prices so all guests can afford get you a gift if they want.
  • I registered at the Pampered Chef.  I love that stuff.  They have great rewards for you after the fact.  I did not have a PC shower or party.  It was an online registry.  A lot of the stuff was reasonably prived (like $20-$25).  People who know how much I like to cook thought it was the perfect fidt idea for me.  However, I received the majority of my gifts at my shower from the other store I registered at, which was more conventional and not only online.  Make sure you have another option for people who like to physically go to a store and shop.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • From personal experience with a friend's wedding I would not use Pampered Chef.  My friend registered there and no one bought anything off of that registry.  Since you still do have to pay for shipping and everything it is pretty expensive, and people don't usually go out of their way to go to those parties to pick up a weddign gift.  Just my opinion though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would actually say this is the one and only time I would buy Pampered Chef stuff! I had a Pampered Chef shower. My MIL's friends threw it for me. It is something they do in their circle so I know that nobody was offended by it. However, rather than asking people to overspend in order to buy this gadget or that, people bring money. This way they can spend exactly what they want. The invites had a very nice wording on them and if you want, I can let you know. But everybody bought money in cards and put them in a basket. The Pampered Chef lady and I did a demonstration and afterwords everybody went around eating and mingling. My MIL and I then sat down and (discreetly) opened the cards. I was then able to order from the catalog and get exactly what I want. Furthermore, nobody else is required to buy anything, but many did, and their purchases earned me additional credit. All in all, I probably ended up with over $1000 in PC things, but through only about $600 in cash. It was a great deal and I feel that everyone had a good time and was able to give exactly what they wanted without feeling awkward.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards