Registry and Gift Forum
Options

walmart problem

Hi! I live in a small town and we only have a walmart so I was going to register there and at BB&B for out of town guests. The problem is our walmart just removed the thing to print out registries. When I talked to customer service they said that the guests would have to print out the registry at home and bring it with them to the store. Should I still register here? I don't want people to get confused because of all this. What do you think?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: walmart problem

• Options
    That sounds like poor business practice, although I'm not surprised with it being Walmart. I'm sorry but who is going to print a registry before they go? I never do and never would think to do it. I say skip registering there.
  • Options
    Isn't there any other store in town that offers a registry? How far is the nearest shopping area? I wouldn't register at Walmart under any circumstances, but I can understand that it is the only store in town. If your guests are willing to print out the walmart registry at home, they'll be willing to just shop online at BB&B or anywhere else.
  • Options
    I would avoid Walmart....and maybe Target.  I think the Walmart not providing registries in the store is a huge inconvenience!  The reason I say avoid Targe it simply because it was a nightmare to locate the gifts off of a baby registry for my cousin there!  The descriptions of the items were so abbreviated I couldn't tell what they were and most of the description was sku #s!  I'm not going to try to match sku #s on shelves that would take forever! Do BB&B, afterall guests can always choose to order online and have gifts shipped either to you directly or to thier home.  If you have a wedding website address that you've given on STDs or otherwise you can include a registry page that states:  "we also love gift cards to our favorite stores: walmart, target."I don't know if there is a store that does free shipping and registries like an amazon.com or overstock.com but that might be something to look into. HTH!
  • Options
    Ewww Walmart! Enough said. I refer to that place as Wally-Dump or simply The Dump. Have you thought of doing any online registries since you dont have many options in the local area? Maybe your bridesmaids could include a little note in the shower invites that shopping online may be the best way to go because of limited options. Not ideal but it works.
  • Options
    I live in a small town too, people from my area expect to travel a bit of a distance (like a half hour to an hour plus) to buy a wedding present. I am assuming that since there are very few stores in your area people will travel to the nearest city for shopping. I would stick to BB&B. A lot of people (like your parents' friends and grandparents) may not have internet, or if they do, may not understand how to do the printing and what-not necessary for the online stuff. Save them the hassel and have them drive. If people can't take the drive they will buy you whatever they think you will like at Walmart and, hopefully, will give it with a gift receipt. If you don't like it you can return it for what you really wanted at Walmart.
  • Options
    I would try registering with them online if you could, or maybe set up a online list for people to check out and then go to the walmart. It's a hassel, but it's cost-effective and all my college stuff I bought there is still alive and well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards