Registry and Gift Forum

expresso machines

any suggestions? Im registering at BB&B. I think Im getting the Krups..thought I'd ask.TIA

Re: expresso machines

• I'm not sure if BBB carries it, but I registered and received a Nespresso Essenza C100 machine from William Sonoma.  It uses little pods/capsules of espresso and it's sinfully easy to make and tastes delicious.  We got a separate automatic milk steamer from WS which is also incredibly fast and easy to use, you just put it in a cannister, press a button and walk away.
  • I don't know, but I'd encourage you to look up reviews of it on amazon.com.  I'm not sure which expresso machine we ended up going with (my FH took charge of the registry) but I do remember looking up reviews for many machines and reading that they had broken down after a few months or a year.  So it might be worth a little additional research if you or your FH have the time.
  • FI got a Nespresso for X-mas last year from his best friend. He used it until he ran out of pods and now it is in the cabinet. If you can afford to keep getting pods, I'd say its a good machine. It makes really good hot water for my tea ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I have the Krups espresso model (the one that cost around $60) and love it, though I wound up removing the plastic piece that goes over the nozzle when I steamed the milk. Maybe it was just my model, but I COULD NOT get the huge bubbles out of my milk with it on.The first few cups I made were awful, so don't be discouraged if you have to experiment for a while before getting your timing right.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards