Registry and Gift Forum

C&B Return Policy

Can anyone tell me what their return policy is?  I forgot to ask when we registered.

Re: C&B Return Policy

• Crate and Barrel will accept merchandise returns for Standard Delivery items within 90 days of purchase and issue a credit or refund at the time of return only with a valid receipt. A valid receipt is an original sales receipt, gift receipt or packing slip. Returns of merchandise purchased through our website will be accepted by mail or in person at any Crate and Barrel store (excluding Outlet locations). Pending inspection, a credit or refund will be issued for the item value. Any taxes charged will be refunded in accordance with state laws. Shipping and handling charges are non refundable. Store returns without a receipt require a valid photo ID and will receive a Shop Card refund via mail.
  • they've been REALLY good with returns, exchanges, and just customer service in general with our registry
  • hmonkey that sounds like their standard return policy.  I think their registry return policy is different
  • it is not stated as such.i wouldn't assume brides get special treatment because it's their special day.
  • they do.  since ppl can buy things months in advance and don't always give you the receipt...  I actually asked about it when we registered.
  • Just for the record my experiences with C& B have been horrendous.  When I returned a few items I got, they said they weren't on my registry and would only mail me a store credit in two weeks even though the person added it to my registry and I could clearly see it on there!  Then I purchased something on my own, it went on sale a week later and I asked to be credited the difference and they refused.  They are just ridiculous, Macy's has been much easier.
  • [quote]Then I purchased something on my own, it went on sale a week later and I asked to be credited the difference and they refused.[/quote]That's when you say "ok, then you can waste your time by returning it for me, then ringing it up for me again at the sale price.  Thanks!"
  • Thanks ladies!Sabina - sounds like you talked about their actual policy, do you know what rules they "bend" for registry items?  I know Macy's will use the registry as a receipt and I don't think there is a time limitation on the returns (I could be wrong on that) - do you know if that's what C&B does?
  • I'm pretty sure that's what C&B does the same thing as Macy's.  I specifically asked if we'd need receipts if we had to return anything, and she said no, they'd just check the registry if we had to return anything
  • Oh and they do the same as Macy's in that they don't credit the original purchaser's card back for the amount, they give it to you in the form of a gift card. 
  • That's great!  Thanks Sabina!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards