Registry and Gift Forum

Not enough on registry?

So I have been working on our registries online and have noticed that we have registered for about 70 items for a person wedding. There will be a bridal shower and the vast majority of both registries is under $30-40. Is there enough or a need to add more? We have pretty much registered for everything that we could want/need and even some upgrades of stuff we currently have. TIA!

Re: Not enough on registry?

• You may want to think about putting some big ticket items on there too: some people like to go in on group gifts and can only do it if there's a more expensive item on the registry. Just a thought-good luck!
  • How many people are invited to your wedding? Sometimes the bulk of items on the registery are on the low end, but it is good to have a range of prices for guests to choose from. More immediate members of your family might spend more because they are so close to you. It sounds like you registered for the right stuff: what you need/want and upgrades!
  • If you think that you've put on everything that you need then wait until after the bridal shower and see what's left. If there isn't much on there then start putting more things on. Think about registering for household decoration like vases, picture frames, maybe some curtains.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • You may want to consider luggage.  My son's friends just got married, and we purchased their luggage.  In their note, they let us know where it's been.  Plane, bus, walked across the border, taxi, and on and on.  Too much fun!  I know they will be traveling in the future and guality luggage is a good idea.
  • Thanks for all the ideas ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards