Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Register for Furniture?

FI and I have been living together for over 5 years so we don't really need any new plates, small appliances, etc. I would like to get a new bedroom set and a friend suggested myregistry.com. Has anyone used this site or another site like it and is it tacky?Thanks!

Re: Register for Furniture?

• Options
    as long as it isn't asking for cash gifts it's fine.
    PhotobucketAnniversary Holiday
  • Options
    I don't think it is tacky, you may find groups of people chipping in for larger gifts- especially if you have your WP/family tell people how much you need a bedroom set (through word of mouth)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    We registered on myregistry.com and we love it!  We can add whatever we really want instead of having to choose everything from one or two places.  We also registered for a few furniture pieces for family or groups of friends that would like to chip in and give a big gift. I have a variety of small ticket items as well.  I don't think it's tacky. I would love to buy from a registry like that if I were the one giving a gift.
    Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
  • Options
    I going to register for some living room tables: coffee table, accent tables, sofa table. My fiance and I just moved into a condo together and we don't have much, so I feel that it is a practical gift.
  • Options
    I'd like to do this too. To the other people who responded:  What if the furniture is really expensive?  Won't people think you're rude?  Should you put a note saying if many people want to chip in to buy it or something? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards