Registry and Gift Forum

sort of an XP: E-party gifts

I posted the other day about writing thank you notes to the people who gave us gifts (both material and monetary) at our engagement party. A few people had suggested that we thank people who gave us $ and GCs to the places we registered, and say that we used/are going to use it for_______ off of the registry.

Does this mean that with some of the $ and GCs we received, that we should be going out to the places we registered and purchasing items from our registry? We plan on saving the majority of the cash but we could purchase some of the seasonal items that may be out of stock soon, off of our registry. (For example: there are some mixing bowls at C&B that are a " spring 2011" item and won't be available for much longer.)

I know that we cannot use any of the items that we do receive until after the wedding so even if we purchase something, we won't use it until another year from now.

I really dont know what to do. I'd love to get a few of our registry items that might not be available next year but I want to do the right thing with the gifts that people have given us.
imageimage
Missing Our July Sparkler
BFP-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13 Anniversary]

Re: sort of an XP: E-party gifts

• I agree that no wedding or shower gifts should be used until after the wedding. This is why I am asking because it was an engagement party which is still a pre-wedding party, but there seems to be some different opinions on whether or not the rules apply here too.

I am going to deposit the cash & checks but I'm wondering if, since i can't deposit GC's, if I can use them to purchase possible discontinues registry items (2 or 3 items). I wouldnt  be using the items, and they could be returned, if for whatever reason they needed to be.
    imageimage
    Missing Our July Sparkler
    BFP-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13 Anniversary]
  • I think it's okay to use them for 1 or 2 items that may be discontinued soon, but beyond that I would save them until after the wedding (assuming they don't expire). I agree that it's best to not use the items you buy with the GCs until after the wedding, in case you need to return them. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards