Registry and Gift Forum

Registering at Amazon??

My fiance and I started the registery process yesterday and decided to go with BB&B because we have heard about their great return policies and customer service. We also decided on Macy's because I LOVE the fiesta ware so between those two stores we have most housewares covered. What we have left are decorative things lamps, mirrors and wall art and I don't really like the stuff at BB&B or Macy's, but I can't figure out where else to register for that kind of stuff. I was thinking Amazon, but don't really know how user friendly Amazon is for a registry. I have used Amazon myself for  textbooks mostly and never really had a problem, but I am a little nervous about an online only registry.... anyone have any thoughts, advice or tips on using Amazon?

Re: Registering at Amazon??

• it rocks! Amazon is awesome!
  • Crate and Barrel has fun decorative stuff.  I have an amazon registry.  No opinions yet about it since we just created it, but it seems like a good option.  I've tried to stick with stuff that offers free shipping.
  • Something to think about with a registry like that is no one is going to think to look there.  Macy's and BB&B are pretty typical, so if someone is looking for your registry, chances are they'll be able to find those on their own and not look further.  The info on the Amazon one would have to be spread by word of mouth or on your website. 
  • amazon is awesome! so much easier to register for cookbooks and things that your lower-budget friends can give you. i wouldn't worry that people won't find it. that's one thing your wedding website is for: to tell people where you're registered! i seriously only know one person who buys registry gifts from the store now, and she's 75.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards