Registry and Gift Forum

To register or not

So this is the 3rd and FINAL time I'm saying "I DO" and his 3rd and FINAL time as well, but this is the 1st time we both have had an actual wedding. We already live together, have a fully furnished house that we have put together ourself, my question is how do we go about registering for the wedding? Should we even register? I am so confused and any help would be outstanding at this point.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: To register or not

• You could create a small registry of upgrades or things that have to be replaced often like towels, sheets, shower curtains etc.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Register for anything you need to replace.  We had a lot of towels but desparately needed new ones (I'd be embarassed to give a guest an old one!).

If you're taking a honeymoon, why not do one of those honeymoon registries?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_to-register-or-not?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:419eaaf0-af9e-4e51-adea-65ac4dfe1362Post:159cbf3d-80f9-462e-900f-488f18c94dac">Re: To register or not</a>:
    [QUOTE]Register for anything you need to replace.  We had a lot of towels but desparately needed new ones (I'd be embarassed to give a guest an old one!). If you're taking a honeymoon, why not do one of those honeymoon registries?
    Posted by holbpisc[/QUOTE]

Do not do a honeymoon registry. They are deceptive and it's just another way to ask for cash. That is horrible advice.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I would see if you can make a wedding website and put together a list of your own of different things that you could use
    ex: house cleaning for 2 hours, portrait sitting, bottle of champagne and glasses, movies passes for a later date, horseback riding, a cabin stay for 2 nights for people to go in on, something fun and personal that is not household stuff

If you are looking at honeymoon registries try to find one that is free if you book your vacation with them, otherwise there is a fee. Or just let everyone know what you are doing and ask for a dinner or a wine and chocolate covered strawberries (I know some of the cruise lines do this)
  • I was not going to register, but I am now putting together a very small registry for some items.  We really do not need anything and I am of the opinion that my guests should "just come", but everyone keeps asking about where we are registered!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards