Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Which store offers the best benefits?

Hi girls,
I'm trying to choose where to create my registry.
I think the best stores are the ones that offer a large selection of things but also that offer great benefits. Can anyone help me?
Thanksss!

Re: Which store offers the best benefits?

• Options
    Ditto Liatris.  BBB was great to work with when we went there to register and they always have coupons.  We wound up getting duplicates of our steak knives that we registered for and returning them was super easy and they gave us cash instead of store credit (which I was totally surprised by).
  • Options
    In terms of benefits to the couple, Macy's is probably best.  They have the 10% off completion discounts (along with 20% off completion events - or so I hear).  If you open a Macy's card with them, they also give you a gift card after your event valued at 10% of what you spent + 5% of what your GUESTS spent on the registry.  If you make a point to shop at Macy's for various wedding expenses (ie: bridesmaid gifts, a dress for your shower, even xmas and birthday gifts), and if you have guests that are Macy's shoppers, this can add up to a lot.  Our guests are big Macy's shoppers, and I have shopped at Macy's whenever I needed to buy something in the last year.  I called their customer service the other day just out of curiosity, and we've accrued right around $175 on our gift card so far.  Still lots of people who haven't shopped.

BBB has the best return policy, but they will also take anything back from anywhere, whether you regsitered there or not.  We didn't register there but plan to return a few duplicates to BBB that guests bought from who-knows-where.  They are very open about this - I've chatted with their reps online before, and they say this is totally fine.  BBB's completion discount is only 10%, which I think is silly considering their 20% coupons.  The coupons are nice for guests, but only if you pick brands that aren't excluded, and many large bridal brands are excluded (Zwililng, Henckles, Waterford, Vera Wang, All Clad, etc.).  That said, if you are going for Lenox, Calphalon, Mikasa, etc. it can be a nice place for guests to shop, so registering at both Macy's and BBB isn't a bad choice.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_which-store-offers-the-best-benefits?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:51f615f2-1f65-4819-9e6e-db51885b9ee9Post:735b0c50-a521-4bdb-8c3d-b26955e9ce14">Re: Which store offers the best benefits?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ditto Liatris.  BBB was great to work with when we went there to register and they always have coupons.  We wound up getting duplicates of our steak knives that we registered for and returning them was super easy and they gave us cash instead of store credit (which I was totally surprised by).
    Posted by flojo973[/QUOTE]

<div>Just want to comment that return for cash is NOT BBB corporate policy - this does happen from store to store once in awhile, but it's becoming increasingly rare.  OP, don't expect to be able to return stuff to BBB for cash.  They are rapidly switching over to returns for store credit, as is common everywhere else.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you so much girls!!! That helped a lot! I think I'll register on both BBB and Macy's ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards