Registry and Gift Forum

anyone use MyRegistry.com?

Anyone using MyRegistry.com? It says it combines all your registries into a one stop shop online.
1. Is it easy to use as the bride?
2. Is it easy to use as the guest buying the gift? (I dont want people to get hung up on  having to sign up or going through extra steps to use it.
of course--any extra fees would not be good either.
Thanks all!

Re: anyone use MyRegistry.com?

• I am using it and I love it!  It's VERY easy for me to use.  I especially  love the fact that if my guest buys the gift at another store, they can still mark that it has been purchased.  I love that I can add the things that I really want, regardless of what store they come from.  It also gives my guest a variety of places to shop.  Sometimes the links to other websites get frustrating.  Just test it - view your registry as a guest - to make sure the links work.  The links to MR Kitchens and, if you have a Target or Crate & Barrel registry that's linked to it - those links work great.  I would still suggest having at least one in-store registry for people who like to shop in person. 
    Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
  • Oh, and guests don't have to sign up for stuff and there are no fees.
    Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
  • the only bad part is that if your guests want to buy a few things from different stores, they have to pay the separate shipping. That can add up to a lot of money. I think it's the main reason why myregistry.com isn't extremely popular. If you didn't get screwed with all the separate shipping, it would make people's lives much easier in terms of now having to find everything they want at just one or two stores.
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_anyone-use-myregistrycom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:540721f3-b696-4c4c-b6c2-509b2033a587Post:e472ae5d-df04-4c44-8f78-b05ab1871a51">Re: anyone use MyRegistry.com?</a>:
    [QUOTE]the only bad part is that if your guests want to buy a few things from different stores, they have to pay the separate shipping.
    Posted by jeanna85[/QUOTE]

That's my problem with it.  My friend used it for her baby shower, and I don't think any guests but me actually used it.  It's just not very user friendly for the buyer.  You go to myregistry to view the items, then if you want to look closer or actually buy it, it takes you to the actual store website where you buy it.  Then you have to remember to go back to myregistry.com to check the box that says yes you did buy it.  For people who aren't very internet savvy, I think it can be intimidating.  I think that's why no one used it for her shower.  They ended up buying her things that were similar to what she registered for, but not exact.  Also, I wanted to buy her a bunch of small things and group them together, but decided not to because I would have had to pay separate shipping on each item.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • thanks you guys!, great input!!!!!! (im really loving the knot fourm!!!!!)
  • Yeah the extra shipping kinda sucks!
    PhotobucketAnniversary Holiday
  • I used it and it wasn't a big hit with my guests.  I ended up with 2 sets of sheets and 2 sets of gold chargers.  People would go to it to see what I wanted and then would go buy the gift somewhere else.  They may have improved the site some by now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards