Registry and Gift Forum

gift for you FI

So I haven't given this to much thought, but I am curious...

What are you giving to your FI the day of your wedding?  I'd love to hear all of your ideas!

Anniversary image
Lilypie First Birthday tickers image TO image
my to-read shelf:
Mel O's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)

Re: gift for you FI

• We bought new furniture for our living room as a gift to each other.  It may not sound that exciting, but I'm very excited to finally get the hand-me-down couches out of my house!
  • ljsanokljsanok member
    First Comment
    Notre Dame (his alma mater) crest cuff links with his initials engraved in them :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • we didn't exchange anything.  We had just bought our first place and were leaving for a great honeymoon the day after.  We didn't see a need to exchange gifts on top of that.

• We're of the thinking that we are getting the best gifts--each other!! Plus we are putting a lot of money into our wedding ourselves, so honestly it's likely not even going to be feasible.

Maybe after the wedding we'll do something--one of the ideas we talked about were official Pirates baseball jerseys with our names on the back.  The way MLB does it if there are two players on a team with the same last name is put the first initials as well. So if we got jerseys, we'd get L. LastName & J. LastName.
    Crosswalk
  • We're of the thinking that we are getting the best gifts--each other!! Plus we are putting a lot of money into our wedding ourselves, so honestly it's likely not even going to be feasible.

Maybe after the wedding we'll do something--one of the ideas we talked about were official Pirates baseball jerseys with our names on the back.  The way MLB does it if there are two players on a team with the same last name is put the first initials as well. So if we got jerseys, we'd get L. LastName & J. LastName.
    Crosswalk
  • We haven't decided, but if we do do gifts, I want it to be something that lasts, like quality jewelry (vs the cheap stuff I usually wear!). I really want to get him the Tag Heuer watch he's been coveting for a long time, but it's really $$$, so we will see what my bonus is like this year!

On the flip side, he is paying for most of the honeymoon, so I feel like that is a great gift for me, even if it isn't something that "lasts".

I think cuff links and watches are pretty common, as they fit the whole 'use for a long time' thing.
  • I got him a cigar humidor with 20 cigars from thompson cigars and Im getting a personalized picture in a frame with our name on street signs so it would look like this

I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend on top part of matting

Then picture of me and FI

Then Lucky to have been where I have been on matting
    Then His name on the street sign in a picture

Then Lucky to be coming home again on matting
    Then my name on the street sign in a picture

Then Lucky we're in love every way on matting
    Then our married name on street sign in a picture
  • I got boudoir photos done and put into an album. I plan on writing a nice note inside the cover.
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards