Registry and Gift Forum

What did you get your parents and fiance?

2»

Re: What did you get your parents and fiance?

• We did little albums with our engagement pics in them on mpix.com for the parents...I knew he didn't know the tradition was to get each other gifts so I didn't tell him.  I think the ring, the wedding, and building a house is an amazing gift!  Really what else could he give me?  I got him a new wallet, if you remember the wallet Samuel L. Jackson has in Pulp Fiction it's a replica of that.  He thought it was funny, he didn't feel so bad for not getting me something since it was kitschy, and he loved showing it around. 
  • Moms :: Necklaces in some sort of heart design that have significance for them. (FI's mom is a birthstone necklace, so it has FSIL's on top, with room to put another when she gets married, then FI and mine on bottom)

Dads :: Gift certificates and hats to do the Richard Petty Nascar Ride-a-Long program, since the Kansas Speedway is nearby.

FI :: I'm giving him a boudoir album that I put together myself.  I really kinda doubt he'll get me anything -- and that's okay. =]
  • I am going to get my parents photobooks of the wedding photos.  FI and I are also paying for a videographer, so they will also get a copy of the video.  I will probably also do a nice picture frame with a weeding photo.  Not sure what he is going to give his mother, they are not all that close.

I am getting boudoir pics and will give him a book of them for the wedding present.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • @ Lindsey. Don't give each other watches. That is bad luck! When you give someone a watch that means you are running out of time with that person. JMO.
  • Making all the parents blurb.com photobooks since our photog is giving us the print rights and DVD of our photos. We also might give a large enlargement for their walls.

My FI is getting a boudoir album. I AM SO EXCITED! I can barely keep the secret from him it's killing me!!!!!!
  • We got our parent's parent albums. It was all they talked about and wanted.

I got H b-pics. He basically had a heart attack.

H got me his and hers bicycles for us to ride around the island together (well, and I guess at home too but we dont since it is a city). The look like the ones from Wedding Crashers and are SO cute.

• Parents - Ring bowls from Etsy.  We have two ringbearers, so we got two ringbearers and had each one imprinted with a nice note to whichever set of parents that bowl was going to.  They'll get them after the wedding.  We also plan to make books of our engagement pictures and wedding pictures for them.

FI - Totally undecided.  Right now we're spending all our money repairing our house from a roof leak, so having that done and being able to start saving up again (and maybe actually take a honeymoon) would be the best gift I can think of right now.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards