Registry and Gift Forum

Rec your vacuum

I registered for a Dyson but didn't receive it.  I'm wondering if its worth buying for myself or if there are other vacuums that are just as good.  Anyone have a good vacuum recommendation?  Thanks!

Re: Rec your vacuum

• I know everyone raves about the Dyson, but I LOVE my Shark. I have the regular Lift Away Navigator, and it works great! We mainly have hardwood and a few area rugs. If you have more carpet, I would go with their new Rotator Lift Away, as it has more suction power. It's getting amazing reviews, and is half the price of a Dyson. If we move into a place with more carpet or get more high pile area rugs, I'm going to get that one.
  • Thanks, I'll have to check out that Shark.  We have all carpet and I am on my third vacuum.  I need one with reallly good suction!  I don't think I can justify spending $400 on a Dyson.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_rec-your-vacuum?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:5ab5b98e-84ef-4c59-a57c-3d03a2ed037bPost:6f339756-7e39-4853-9a33-f6e444c9a279">Rec your vacuum</a>:
    [QUOTE]I registered for a Dyson but didn't receive it.  I'm wondering if its worth buying for myself or if there are other vacuums that are just as good.  Anyone have a good vacuum recommendation?  Thanks!
    Posted by flojo973[/QUOTE]

I have a small cleaning company and only use Dyson.  I typically opt for the $399 version and it will last me a good year + (FYI - a $100-$200 Eureka or whatever, might last me 2 months.) 
    However, I am very inclined to make the switch to Shark because Dyson has <em>significantly</em> lowered the quality of their $399 model.  I have heard awesome reviews on the Shark brand vacs and am willing to give them a try.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I have a Dyson and it's amazing.   

I used to have a Bissell Healthy Home (their rip-off of the Dyson) and I THOUGHT it was amazing until it stopped working about a year after  bought it.  The Dyson's been going strong for about 3 years.   

Never tried the Shark though.
    DSC_9275
  • There are a ton of Dyson sales going on right now.... The Dyson DC28 that I have and love is on sale at best buy for $280 & free shipping... which is a steal for a dyson. I signed up for Brads Deals and it lets me know whenever they go on sale. I went there and searched Dyson and this is what came up:
    http://www.bradsdeals.com/search?query=dyson

I hope this helps!!!
  • Thanks krichards!  I've never heard of that site!  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_rec-your-vacuum?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:5ab5b98e-84ef-4c59-a57c-3d03a2ed037bPost:2b6f73eb-592e-4b9a-bfa2-cf110396e45a">Re: Rec your vacuum</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks krichards!  I've never heard of that site!  
    Posted by flojo973[/QUOTE]

Sure! I search everything on that site now before I buy. It has all the coupon codes and whatnot and lists the lowest price for all sorts of items. I actually got my FI's wedding band... just a simple tungsten carbide band... for $14.99 through a deal from superjewelers.com that they posted. The same band was $100 at my local jewelry store! ...so now we have 3 wedding bands as back ups too!!
  • We registered for a shark - I've started using amazon for product reviews because lots of people on amazon seem to do nothing all day but review products very thoroughly.  The shark gets better amazon reviews than the dyson and it's half the price.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Also, no matter which one you get, I'd get it at Bed Bath and Beyond. That way, if you use it for a few months and decide you don't like it, you can' return it and get the other one. Not a lot of places will do that, and even if you can get them cheaper online, if you end up needing to return it for any reason you'll have to pay shipping charges. Just my two cents on that. :)
  • I have the Dyson DC07 upright and the DC44 handheld.  I love them both.  Before I swung for the upright (2009?), I had a Bissel and two Sharks, all of which died in less than two years (the bissel lived the longest at 9 months).  The Dyson upright saw me through three years in an apartment with white carpet and two black cats.  Now we live in a house with all hardwoods, so the handheld is my go-to vac.  It's perfect for keeping the hardwoods dust-free and picking up small messes.
  • We have a Shark Lift-Away Pro and I love it!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards