Registry and Gift Forum

one store too many??

Any wedding that I've been to in my life, the couples have registered at only two stores.  Is it tacky or does it look selfish if you register at more than two stores? 

Re: one store too many??

• we only registered at BBB but I think 2 is average and most recommended.

3 or more seems grabby
  • Two is pretty common and I've seen a few people with three.  I wouldn't do anymore than that though. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We registered at 3.  I don't think it was "grabby."  We registered at Target, Bed Bath & Beyond, and Sears.  We only registered for tools at Sears. 
  • I think 3 is fine.  4 gets up there and more that that is just not necessary. 
  • Many people do 3. 3 is fine. I think 4 is too many.
    imageimageimage
  • We did 3.  I think its fine to have 3, but 4 gets less fine.  Though these are all arbitrary rules. 
  • As a guest, I'm happy with lots of places to choose from where to purchase a gift.  Therefore, I wouldn't raise an eyebrow at anything under 5, assuming you don't have like 200 items on each registry. 
  • We have to register for stores that are here and stores that are there.  I think it will be 4 stores or so once we actually do it.  I prefer several places when searching for a gift.  I had a friend register at Macy's.  I don't shop at Macy's, I didn't even know where to look when I went in the store.  I would have much rather gone to Target and shopped. She probably would have gotten a lot more from me as well.
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • We registered at 3, I think more than that is gift grabby.  We only did Sears for tools for FI. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've thought about this myself. We'll probably register at Target and BBB, but I also thought about Amazon as an option since we don't have stores like Crate and Barrel in our area. Choosing Amazon as an online option might give us more options to choose from.
  • We did 2, BBB and C&B.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    135 Invitedimage 105 Ready to Partyimage 30 Missing Outimage
    RSVP Deadline: 9.30.10
  • We are registering at 3 stores: Macy's, Target, and REI. We both love playing outside and can always use more gear(the dogs too).  Sears is great if you need tools, but the last thing we need is a 6th cordless drill.

I think guests like having a variety of gifts to purchase.
  • I registered at four. 

I didn't register 200 items at each of the four, though. We already have a nice, furnished apartment so registering at a mega-store like Target or BB&B doesn't make sense for us. With the exception of fine china and serving pieces (which we don't have), everything else is an upgrade. So we registered at four different stores that specialize in different things. 
    "I liked it, so I put a ring on it" - future Mr. Box
  • I think it depends... we're only registered at two, but if they were different types of places (like Lowes and then Macy's or something) that's fine, or if you register somewhere like Crate and Barrel, a lot of places don't have that so backups are nice.  I don't think people will frown unless you also have ten billion items on each of those lists.... I would personally notice more that, hey they obviously expected to receive tons of gifts, rather than oh they need stuff from different places.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards