Registry and Gift Forum

MOH - need gift help from brides!

Hi ladies! Sorry to drop in like this, but I'm looking for some advice! My BFF is coming to visit Ontario, she lives in Alberta. We're having a mini-surprise shower for her, which I'm excited about but then I though, Oh S!@#T I have to buy a gift for her! I feel alot of pressure because she's my BFF and should know what to get her, BUT I have to be mindful of her having to take it back on a plane. I feel like gift cards are too impersonal and she lives in a town where there is NOWHERE to shop. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for your help!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: MOH - need gift help from brides!

• I would probably do a clothing item (a pretty robe, etc) that she can pack in her suitcase, or a beautiful piece of jewelry.
  • Ditto PP - something packable like lingerie, jewelry, or towels/sheets would be great.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My close friend got me some monogrammed items with my new last initial.... like a cosmetic case... coasters for the house... you can also get towels/bath items

I like the robe idea... victorial secret sells a really pretty bride robe but really any satin robe would be nice that she can wear the day of while getting ready... 

You can do some sort of lingerie... panties.... tank and panty set
    Wedding Planning Bio & For Sale: valeriewalter.weebly.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lls31lls31 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    If I was in a similar situation, I would probably buy something small and inexpensive to give to her in person, but I would have a larger gift (like a kitchen item or something else she may have registered for) shipped to her home.  In the card, I would include a nice note that another gift would be awaiting her at home.

However, I also think the ideas given by PPs are good ones.
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • I use their wishlists or registries to find an item they want.

Like the others said I would probably do something smaller for the shower and surprise her with a gift at her house. You don't need to tell her you got her something else. I think it would be better as a surprise.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Thanks so much for all of the ideas! I lived the monogram idea, so I went to a local engraving shop and they had some beautiful guest books. I LOVE my guest book from my wedding, it's something I will have forever and I love rereading our guests messages. So I got a quote, their names and wedding date engraved on it. I'm so excited to give it to her!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_moh-need-gift-help-from-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:639af512-dc68-4c69-bd61-528ec6fefb83Post:29e32b45-38a5-4c30-91b8-e0c02fb5f605">Re: MOH - need gift help from brides!</a>:
    [QUOTE]If I was in a similar situation,<strong> I would probably buy something small and inexpensive to give to her in person, but I would have a larger gift (like a kitchen item or something else she may have registered for) shipped to her home</strong>.  In the card, I would include a nice note that another gift would be awaiting her at home. However, I also think the ideas given by PPs are good ones.
    Posted by lls31[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>This is what I was going to suggest.

</div>
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards