Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Recommending movers

Hi Ladies, I have to move most of my stuff into a storage unit when I get married. Because we are going to live in a 2 bedroom and alot of my stuff isn't going to fit with his things as well. We are going to only be there for 6 months anyways, don't want to have to pay movers to move things up 3 flights of stairs...anyways. Can you recommend movers you liked that weren't that expensive? Thanks.

Re: Recommending movers

• juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know that I paid about $500 for mine but they took some of my stuff to my parents' house and then the rest to Bill's house.  They were Fort Worth firemen--in fact I Googled "fire fighter movers Dallas" I think.  They were very quick and very professional and I believe they were bonded and insured.  I called the Tuesday before I needed them.  When Bill needed to move the last little bit out of my apartment he called some guy who demanded cash and Bill said they were on the sketchy side.  They did it for $300 but he was not very happy with how they were treating my stuff.  I really think that you get what you paid for. 

Long story short:  firemen!
  • edited December 2011
    ....I recommend family and friends.  It's free (unless you pay them by feeding them and providing drinks) and you know you can trust them.  We've never used movers and while it's a pain in the butt, at least we weren't out $100 or more.
  • edited December 2011
    I've used Apple Movers twice and never had a problem with them.  I moved from a one bedroom to a one bedroom (twice) and paid a little under $300 each time.  I agree with Mariah, though.  Nothing beats free.  I just don't have any family that live here - so movers it was!! :)
  • cfibelkorncfibelkorn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im with Mariah. I use friends and family and then buy them pizza or something :)
  • TCUESW1999TCUESW1999 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know exactly how you feel.  My husband moved his stuff from his one bedroom apt into my 2 bedroom townhome and even then we still had to get a storage unit and it is filled to the brim.  He moved in in October and we are already looking to move.  After 3 months, we can't do it anymore.  Anyway, I agree, we had family help us out but since we are looking to move out of the DFW area, I will let you know what movers we decide to use and if we like them if you don't find one before.  I have heard that  Mayflower was good for long distance moves and as Julie said, the firefighters of FW are good too I believe for closer moves.   
  • edited December 2011
    I would love to have my family and friends move me but my parents are too old and I have so many large pieces I can't imagine having my friends and family help.I have heard great things about Apple movers but it's going to cost almost $500, for the headache not to get I almost will take it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards