Registry and Gift Forum

bed bath and beyond?

Is it true that bed bath and beyond lets your return registery gifts for cash?
also, for any brides registered there- have you been happy with them in general?
thanks!

Re: bed bath and beyond?

• Yes, you can return for cash there.

We're registered there and no problems so far.  It's still early, but a few things were bought off there already with no trouble. 
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Its early for me as well- but I've been happy so far.  The only complaint I've had is that they are a little pushy when you first set up your registry- of course that all depends on the sales person you get.  But just come back and tell them you are only updateing, and they'll let you have the gun and go by yourself
  • Also early for us as well, but I've been happy so far. Our sales person wasn't pushy at all, I really loved him. FI thought he was great too, which was surprising because he wasn't too excited about looking at china patterns. He took us through the store at first for a "tour" but then let us go on our own. He gave us great advice, answered all my questions and if he didn't know he found out. But like marbus said, this definitely does vary from store to store. Anyways, its our main registry and we've been happy so far.
  • We registered w/BB&B and had a great experience.  I've heard that some of the sales people are pushy, but they left us alone.  We ended up doing the bulk of it online, though. 

We didn't return anything for cash, but we exchanged a couple of things, and it was really easy. 
  • We  used BB&B but did it all online.  We didn't have any problems at all! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We did our BB&B registry all online.  We went into the store, pretending to shop for someone else, and went through everything we registered for to be sure it was the same in person as it was online, and they didn't hassle us at all. 

(We actually did Crate & Barrel the same way, but that's because we don't have C&B in Kentucky.)
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • We returned about 85% of all our random gifts from there.  They were from BB&B but not from our registry.  We got gift cards back for those gifts.

We did return a few other things and asked for money.  They had to see if they had the cash first and they did, so they gave us cash back on a few other return trips. 

I was happy with them.  I did mostly everything online
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm glad to hear others had a good experience there, that's where 90% of our stuff is. We also registered at a small local place for our china and such, so it's a relief to hear things went well!
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • We've had a good experience with BBB so far.  I just had my shower and the majority of the gifts were from there.  Most of the ones that were shipped to our house were packaged well, except for our glasses.  The majority of them arrived broken, but I just took them back to the store and they exchanged them without a problem.
  • We got cash for items we had receipts for. If we had shipping receipts from gifts that were sent to us, they gave us store credit. I was a little annoyed by that, seeing as we had all of the paperwork the items were shipped with, but overall no complaints.
    imageimageimage
  • When I tried to return for cash, they gave me store credit.  At least at the location near me, it depends on how it was paid for when it was originally bought.  Since I didn't have a receipt or gift receipt, it was store credit for me.  Which was totally fine because I love that store.
    imageimage
    Follow my book blog: Panda Reads
    Follow me on Goodreads: my read shelf:
    Sandra's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • My friend returned a bunch of her registry stuff for cash last year but I heard they recently changed that policy and are now only exchanging or giving gift cards.  I was amazed that any store would give you cash back for registry gifts so I would not be surprised if they changed their policy.  Definitely check if this is important to you.

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Are you planning on just registering so you can return things and get cash? If so, thats very rude. I hope that isnt your plan.
    We registered there and I have been very happy with it. I think Im a little addicted because Im always changing things online.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards