Registry and Gift Forum

Lingerie for Bridal Shower?

I heard of people having lingerie bridal showers but I'm being thrown a tea party bridal shower. Now I'm going to register for a few household items and what not, but I kinda want to suggest lingerie as gifts as well... how do I do that without sounding tacky or rude?

Re: Lingerie for Bridal Shower?

• You really cannot suggest gifts for yourself.  If someone wants to buy you lingerie, they will. 
  • My lingerie shower is going to be a part of my bachelorette party.
  • aragx6aragx6 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    Given that you're not hosting the event, I don't even know how you could suggest that even if you wanted. Most bridal showers I attend have grandmothers and the like in attendance and I would feel mad awkward getting lingerie at an event like that. Actually, check that, no matter who was in attendance I wouldn't want to be given lingerie. I can purchase sexy time clothes quite happily myself.
    Lizzie
  • Lingerie is an historic (as in my 1950s etiquette books) gift at a bridal shower. To suggest you consider it an acceptable gift, you ask the hostess of the shower, "Do you need to know where I'm registered or my sizes?" That's about as far as you can go.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_lingerie-for-bridal-shower?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:6b56350e-8742-4c22-ba93-4d2ad9c8c191Post:dfe64491-b95c-4308-be9b-9ca1316d2003">Re: Lingerie for Bridal Shower?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lingerie is an historic (as in my 1950s etiquette books) gift at a bridal shower. To suggest you consider it an acceptable gift, you ask the hostess of the shower, "Do you need to know where I'm registered or my sizes?" That's about as far as you can go.
    Posted by ElisabethJoanne[/QUOTE]

<div>I agree with this...personally, I've never been to a "themed" shower before and I've never seen anyone get any lingerie at one.  I received all my lingerie, and have seen it given before, only at bachelorette parties.</div>
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • RunDogRunDog member
    First Comment
    I've heard of separate lingerie parties, but I think it would be awkward to open up lingerie at the actual bridal shower. I don't know if it's just a regional thing, but it seems like lingerie is given at the bachelorette party.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards