Registry and Gift Forum

Discontinued China

I just found about the china pattern I registered for 10 months ago is being discontinued at Macys. I have already received several pieces and have registered for coordinating table linens. Bloomingdales also has the pattern, will it be too confusing to delete everything from Macys and move it to a new Bloomingdales registry? I'm already registered at Crate and Barrel and Pottery Barn so I am hestiant to add a 4th store to my registry.

Re: Discontinued China

• Could you shift items so that you could close one of the other registries?  If not, maybe you can just use any cash gifts to purchase the china from Bloomingdales.
  • I think bloomingdales and macy's link their registries, don't they?
  • My china was discontinued at Macy's and they took the piece I'd already gotten back as a gift with no problem.  I would have their registry consultant call the manufacturer to determine whether they're no longer producing it or if Macy's just isn't stocking it anymore.  If it's just not in stock at Macy's anymore, I'd move it if you really love the pattern.   If it's being discontinued, and you don't mind changing to another pattern, I'd return what you've gotten and get comparable pieces from a new pattern instead.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards