Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Thoughts on location for bridal portraits?

Hello!,
I've been looking for an indoor location to take my bridal portraits. My dress is very heavy and I don't want to look like a sweaty roast turkey which is what I'm afraid will happen if we take photographs outside. I can't seem to find anywhere that charges a reasonable price. Initially, I wanted a place like Union Station but that's expensive and you can't take photographs when the lighting is optimal (which my photographer says is the hour and a half before sunset). Apparently the major hotels in the Dallas/Ft worth area don't have the best lighting either. I'd be willing to travel anywhere in the area- Dallas, Ft. Worth, Denton, whatever. Any thoughts?

My photographer's assistant suggested a pretty wildflower field as a possibility for some photographs, which sounds nice, but I'm concerned about taking my dress into a field of flowers and getting it dirty with pollen and whatnot. Has anyone had issues with this or do you think it would be fine?

Thank you!

Re: Thoughts on location for bridal portraits?

• edited December 2011
    I did my bridal portraits outdoors.  My dress was fairly heavy to walk around in but I didn't really have that many problems.  And honestly, only the very bottom of my dress got dirty and it wasn't really that noticeable.

I don't really have any thoughts on indoor locations though sorry!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    I did my bridal portraits in a wildflower field as well (see my sig), and I didn't have any problems. My photographer brought along a white sheet for me to sit on, but that was about it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • angelsong21angelsong21 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Indoor pics -- I looked at the Cotton Mill in McKinney and it looks beautiful inside, but I'm not really sure what kind of look you are going for.  They also charge $150 for 2 hours, which to me is expensive but I'm not sure what you're budget is.

I think you'll probably be fine outside.   I haven't done bridals but it doesn't seem like many people have major issues with it.  Go for it!
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I'm looking at using Bass Hall. Its $150 to use the facilities and you can't use the auditorium. Only times available are 9-5 M-F.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have seen beautiful bridals at hotels:  the Stoneleigh, the Crescent, the Adolphus just to name a few.  I got married at a hotel and all my pictures came out fine.  Your photographer should be prepared to shoot in any lighting.  If they can't, you need to find another one.

Another indoor option is Arlington Hall if you like the classic, traditional style.  I think they charge $150 also.  My photographer did some beautiful ones recently at the Aldredge House.
  • FruitysherFruitysher member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards