Registry and Gift Forum

Best places to register for discounts at end? Macy's? Bloomingdales?

I really want a mattress and that's all I care about registering for but I do need some other small items. Macy's rewards are for card holders only? Is that right? I don't want to sign up for their card just to receive the discount at the end. I'm hoping for gift cards to use towards a mattress... It's the biggest item we need.

Any reco's on the best places for rewards and discounts to register at?

Thank you!!! Happy times:))))

Re: Best places to register for discounts at end? Macy's? Bloomingdales?

• At macy's every bride gets the 10% completion discount (though read the fine print because I'm not positive that they apply it toward furniture - they might though), and card holders get 10% back on what they spend (except furniture & cosmetics) and 5% back on what their guests spend.  I can tell you we've accumulated well over $100 in rewards just on what we spent ourselves in terms of gifts, holidays, birthdays, etc.  Generally I wouldn't tell people to go open a credit card, but if you are going to buy clothes, gifts, etc. anyway, might as well get 10% back right?

Bloomingdale's is a 10% completion discount and then a 20% discount on your first anniversary... or at least that's what it was a year ago when I was researching them.  I decided I didn't want to wait another year for the 20% discount (and their prices are generally higher than Macy's anyway), so we went with Macy's.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • SeifertamSeifertam member
    First Comment
    edited February 2013
    I know they don't have mattresses but Bed Bth and Beyond gives you 20% off at their completion event for newly married couples. They also have an incentive program where you get free items for just registering for certain items as well as you can get free items if certain things are purchased (like if you get 10 place settings of dishes or china you get a free serving bowl for example) So maybe good to keep in mind for other needs, plus their bridal consultants are super helpful.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_best-places-to-register-for-discounts-at-end-macys-bloomingdales?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:84e68003-747a-4ede-bd4a-bbcec89dac45Post:e3a36da7-db0e-49de-9304-d4106bb52c4e">Re: Best places to register for discounts at end? Macy's? Bloomingdales?</a>:
    [QUOTE]At macy's every bride gets the 10% completion discount (though read the fine print because I'm not positive that they apply it toward furniture - they might though), and card holders get 10% back on what they spend (except furniture & cosmetics) and 5% back on what their guests spend.  I can tell you we've accumulated well over $100 in rewards just on what we spent ourselves in terms of gifts, holidays, birthdays, etc.  Generally I wouldn't tell people to go open a credit card, but if you are going to buy clothes, gifts, etc. anyway, might as well get 10% back right? Bloomingdale's is a 10% completion discount and then a 20% discount on your first anniversary... or at least that's what it was a year ago when I was researching them.  I decided I didn't want to wait another year for the 20% discount (and their prices are generally higher than Macy's anyway), so we went with Macy's.
    Posted by hoffse[/QUOTE]

The 10% off completion discount does not apply to furniture/mattresses, BUT when you register and go into a store with a wedding & gift registry department they will give you a packet with a bunch of coupons inside, one of which is for 10% off furniture/mattresses.
    And I agree with signing up for the $ back program - you don't have to use the credit card and you can still put the gift card with 5% you earn back from guest purchases toward your furniture or mattress.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards