Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Any entree ideas you want to throw my way?

I have no idea why this is so difficult for me.  I spent two weeks thinking about this frickin' menu and have come up with absolutely nothing.  Sides I'm okay with figuring out -- entrees, I am stumped.

One problem is that I need to have at least one of the two entrees be made without alcohol.  We'd prefer to do one chicken entree and one beef entree, but feel free to toss out anything you like (even if its a dish you love at a restaurant) that you think might go over well at a wedding!
Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Any entree ideas you want to throw my way?

• Options
    We're serving mac'n'cheese at the prom and the kids are so excited.

I would say a chicken with a sauce on the side (like marsala) and maybe a roast beef with an au jus sauce or horse radish sauce.  
  • Options
    Choices of sauce is always a plus for me.  We went ahead and did a carving station just so our guests could choose if they wanted.

I also like pasta.  I don't know -- this was really hard for us, too.
    Anniversary

• Options
    We did a beef carving station. Beef with horseradish mmmm.
  • Options
    angelsong21angelsong21 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2012
    It didn't cross my mind about serving different sauces and not cooking the meat in the sauce.  That's been the problem is that most of the sauces have alcohol in them.  Beef medallions have red win, almost all chicken sauces have white wine, etc.  I'm also catering to a room full of picky eaters.

We will have mac n cheese for the kiddos!  I kind of want to a mac n cheese station, but I'm afraid its not something that our venue will be able to pull off and still maintain quality. :-/  Mac and cheese is probably one of my favorite foods! LOL
  • Options
    We did two carving stations, and our beef was in a cabernet and garlic sauce, so that wont work for you. BUT, our chicken was to die for, it was a lemon caper crusted chicken, yummy!! We also had a mac'n'cheese bar and it was served with: -spicy cheddar cream -chives -applewood smoked bacon This was one of my favorite things of the night!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_any-entree-ideas-you-want-to-throw-my-way?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:ce9c6006-edbe-4125-a66f-94bc6b878116Post:3d06096a-8733-4ebd-92b8-ee8a7f25664c">Re: Any entree ideas you want to throw my way?</a>:
    [QUOTE]It didn't cross my mind about serving different sauces and not cooking the meat in the sauce.  That's been the problem is that most of the sauces have alcohol in them.  Beef medallions have red win, almost all chicken sauces have white wine, etc.  I'm also catering to a room full of picky eaters. We will have mac n cheese for the kiddos!  I kind of want to a mac n cheese station, but I'm afraid its not something that our venue will be able to pull off and still maintain quality. :-/  Mac and cheese is probably one of my favorite foods! LOL
    Posted by angelsong21[/QUOTE]

I think Angela's venue served several sauces, all on the side.  Then you could have like the red wine whatever, but then maybe something semi-plain with no alcohol.  Do you have a list of sauces they can make? 

One thing I liked about Maggiano's is that I had a certain menu to choose from and that made it very easy when it came to choosing.  Just an open menu would make things difficult for me too!  For what it's worth, I know Wendi didn't end up picking the macaroni bar at her venu because it tasted terrible, but Amanda (Professor/Emily Thorne) had a risotto bar that came across very well. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_any-entree-ideas-you-want-to-throw-my-way?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:ce9c6006-edbe-4125-a66f-94bc6b878116Post:eb07f19d-a0d1-49f6-9101-0244c3479238">Re: Any entree ideas you want to throw my way?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>We did two carving stations, and our beef was in a cabernet and garlic sauce, so that wont work for you. BUT, our chicken was to die for, it was a lemon caper crusted chicken, yummy!! </strong>We also had a mac'n'cheese bar and it was served with: -spicy cheddar cream -chives -applewood smoked bacon This was one of my favorite things of the night!!
    Posted by winechic25[/QUOTE]

We had the same entrees! And the same caterer... but I agree the chicken with lemon caper sauce was my favorite, and yes the sauce was on the side for people to choose.

And with that we did a mashed potato bar and platters of grilled veggies.
  • Options
    The mac n cheese bar is KILLIN' me!  LOL it sounds sooooo good but I really don't think Reflections can pull it off without decreasing the quality of the mac n cheese... and there's nothing more gross than dried out mac n cheese.

The beef with horseradish sounds good -- thank you, stephiehall!  FI loves horseradish, too.  So was it a horseradish sauce or just horseradish?  What other sauce opions would everyone recommend for beef?

It definitely sounds like a carving station is my best best, both for the beef and chicken, and then just have an assortment of sauces for people to choose from.  I would have never thought of that on my own, so THANK YOU all for recommending it!

Jen -- what did you have as add-ins on your mashed potato bar??
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards